Adult coloring books

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Adult coloring books

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

Are you into adult coloring books? I see so many coloring books that I like, but I find it hard to justify buying them when I don't have as much time to color as I'd like to. If $ were plentiful, I'd probably have a whole bookshelf for them alone. LOL! Also, I tend to be a slow colorist. Do you like to collect coloring books - buy every coloring book that you see that you like even if you haven't finished coloring all or many of the pages of the books you already have? Do you tend to buy every book that all your favorite artists create? Or do you tend to only buy a few books and color as much as you want in those before looking for a new coloring book?
lily-789
Currently Reading: The Diamond Eye
Bookshelf Size: 76

Post by lily-789 »

I love coloring by number. I have three coloring books that I alternate when I want to color. If I see a coloring book in the store that is unique then I buy it. By unique I mean different designs other than flowers, animals, or wildlife.
Coloring by numbers is very therapeutic and relaxing. I have jazz music playing as I color.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

lily-789 wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 16:13 I love coloring by number. I have three coloring books that I alternate when I want to color. If I see a coloring book in the store that is unique then I buy it. By unique I mean different designs other than flowers, animals, or wildlife.
Coloring by numbers is very therapeutic and relaxing. I have jazz music playing as I color.
Thanks for your reply! I have never tried the color by number books, probably because I like to choose my own colors, but maybe someday I will try them. There are so many coloring books that look like a repeat of those that have come before, so I applaud you for choosing only the unique ones! I agree that coloring is therapeutic and relaxing. I love music but I don't think I have thought before to listen as I color. I feel relaxed just thinking about the two activities combined. What a wonderful idea that I will definitely try!
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I'm not into coloring books but I would love to try them out.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I have three coloring books that I alternate when I want to color. If I see a coloring book in the store that is unique then I buy it. By unique I mean different designs other than flowers, animals, or wildlife.
Ambar Gill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Finale
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Ambar Gill »

I LOVE colouring books. They remind me of being a kid and playing with all the colours and designs, really makes me so happy. I have about 2-3 colouring books that I use. They are all different genres, so I can colour in whichever one matches my mood that day. I definitely know though, that if I was let loose, I would buy every colouring book I came across :lol:
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”