Fav cookie recipes?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Penn Leigh
Favorite Book: The Alone Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Fav cookie recipes?

Post by Penn Leigh »

Our old scout troop has a bake sale as part of their annual fundraiser. I'm trying to decide what to make to help them out. I know cookies sell well. I've made potato chip cookies before and a honey cookie. I love to try new things at bake sales but it seems the people buying only want to try things that are familiar to them. What are your favorite cookies to make (and eat)? I want to make something super yummy.
Yellowbellow 9 whitE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Yellowbellow 9 whitE »

Hi. My sister and myself also like to experiment with cookies, so we've made coffee cookies, peanut butter cookies, coconut cookies and we loved carrot cake so we make carrot cake cookies as well, very delicious. Also jam (I believe you say jellow or jelly) cookies with the jam in the middle of the cookie. You can use apricot, raspberry, strawberry or any of your favorite jams. I trust this was helpful
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I love biscuits cookies,made with ginger so yummy 😋,I can't wait to prepare them again.
Penn Leigh
Currently Reading:

Post by Penn Leigh »

Yellowbellow 9 whitE wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 01:49 Hi. My sister and myself also like to experiment with cookies, so we've made coffee cookies, peanut butter cookies, coconut cookies and we loved carrot cake so we make carrot cake cookies as well, very delicious. Also jam (I believe you say jellow or jelly) cookies with the jam in the middle of the cookie. You can use apricot, raspberry, strawberry or any of your favorite jams. I trust this was helpful
Those are some great ideas. Thank you. We would say jelly. We have jam too. Jam has pieces of the fruit while jelly has been strained and just uses the juices of the fruit. We make thumbprint cookies at Christmas where one makes an indention in the center of the dough and fills it with jelly before baking. I would love to know how you make the coffee cookies and the carrot cake cookies. Those are new to me! Our wedding cake was a carrot cake and the coffee flavor in a cookie sounds very interesting! I've heard of adding espresso to chocolate cookies (I've never done it.)
Penn Leigh
Currently Reading:

Post by Penn Leigh »

Silvia Sianto wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 10:14 I love biscuits cookies,made with ginger so yummy 😋,I can't wait to prepare them again.
I know some English speaking countries use the word biscuit for what we call cookies in the
US. I'm curious that you used both words. What is a biscuit cookie? Is it like what we could call a sugar cookie or a shortbread cookie? I love the flavor of ginger but unfortunately my husband and son do not. Do you use fresh, candied, or ground ginger? I can't say I have ever seen anyone make ginger cookies for our bake sale. That would be a new option.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

some English speaking countries use the word biscuit for what we call cookies in the
US. I'm curious that you used both words. What is a biscuit cookie? Is it like what we could call a sugar cookie or a shortbread cookie? I love the flavor of ginger .
Kirti Saraff
Currently Reading: A Walk to Remember
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirti-saraff.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kirti Saraff »

Chocochip cookie cookie recipe like u get in coop uk
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

My go-to cookie recipe is the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Martha Stewart. It's a simple and delicious recipe that's been a crowd-pleaser for ages.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

A classic chocolate chip cookie is always a crowd pleaser. My favorite cookies have always been thumbprints (sugar cookies with jelly). I particularly enjoy making thumbprints with peanut butter cookies instead of sugar because peanut butter and jelly go well together. However due to allergy concerns you probably want to avoid nuts for a bake sale.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”