SPAGHETTI RECIPE (PASTA) AFRICAN JOLLOF RECIPE

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Zoba Ejike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoba-ejike.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

SPAGHETTI RECIPE (PASTA) AFRICAN JOLLOF RECIPE

Post by Zoba Ejike »

If you're a lover of pasta (we call it spaghetti), get in here to know how we make it in Nigeria. You're going to need the following ingredients:
Fresh tomatoes, some red meat, ginger/garlic/green pepper/onions and red pepper
some scent leaves(we call it ahunji), some curry powder, carrots/green beans,and some seasoning.

Procedure:
-Start by boiling your spaghetti. I like to cook it until almost my preferred level of tenderness because I don't want to cook it for long at the final stage. Remember to give it a good turn within intervals to avoid clumping together. After about ten minutes(check to see if it has softened).
-Then sieve out the water and keep it aside.
- Season and cook your red meat until it's tender.
-Drain the meat stock and proceed to dice the meat.
-Go on to dice your carrots and green beans.
-Blend your garlic,ginger, red pepper and tomatoes together and cook it for some minutes to drain the excess water.
-Dice up your green peppers and onions and keep aside.
-Pluck out your fresh scent leaves and chop it, then keep aside.
Now your ingredients are prepped...time to cook!
-Place a medium-sized pot on fire and allow to dry out.
-Add some vegetable oil in the pot and allow to heat up for a second or two.
-Add your diced green pepper and onions and allow to sizzle for some seconds and then add some of the curry powder after which you immediately introduce your diced red meat to fry for a minute.
- Go on to introduce your boiled and partly drained tomato mix and allow to cook for some minutes.
- Add some of the seasoning until preferred taste, some more curry powder and then allow to cook for some minutes after giving it a good turn.
-If the tomato base is too thick, you can add in some of the meat stock.
-Now add in your spaghetti flour and mix it up well with the tomatoe sauce base.
- Introuduce your diced carrots and green beans and then cover the pot. I like to cover my pot with some foil paper before using the pot lid. Then lower the cooking heat to the barest minimum and allow to cook for about10-15 minutes till any water is almost dried out of the spaghetti.
Using the foil and taking down the heat is to give it that signature smokey jollof scent and taste.
-After 10-15 minutes, give it another good turn and take it down.
You can serve this with fried or grilled chicken or boiled eggs.

Please let me know if you try this recipe out. Thanks.
Emic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emic »

This is interesting,thanks for sharing will try this method of preparation.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”