Ever Use a Pressure Cooker?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Ever Use a Pressure Cooker?

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

I have never used a pressure cooker before. I think the closest I have gotten is when I had to witness my elders use the traditional method of making beef stew. They literally put stones on top pf a boiling pot to trap all the heat and moisture... Still works anyway haha
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

I use my pressure cooker to make brown beans so that it comes out very soft and mashed up. I enjoy eating it that way and the pressure cooker does that perfectly for me
PrincessVenus554
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princessvenus554.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by PrincessVenus554 »

Rice is our staple foods, so we use it every day. It’s more convenient, giving us a more palatable cooked rice. Aside from its convenience, it’s also cooking fast.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

I live in India and here a pressure cooker is used almost everyday in cooking.
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

Yes, I do. When cooking chicken or staple rice, we often use a pressure cooker. It is also best in steaming delicacies like chines foods.
maglalangara496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maglalangara496.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by maglalangara496 »

Yes, I already used a pressure cooker. Every time I cook cow or carabao meats, I always use pressure cooker to make the meat smoother. Also, it would be easier to cook if the meat is soft and I appreciate more the taste if the meat was pressurized.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

To cook beans and also when my mom is fifteen minutes away and I forgot to make rice, works like a charm
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I have a pressure cooker air fryer. I use it a lot and so does my boyfriend. It is so easy to use and quick. The air fryer is easier to clean than the other air fryers.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I have an air fryer pressure cooker and I love it! I hardly use the oven anymore. The pressure cooker is very easy to use and I highly recommend to those that don't like to cook much.
bookwormnbugz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormnbugz.html
Latest Review: DentistryXposed by Dr. Peter hofmann

Post by bookwormnbugz »

I use a pressure cooker all the time! It's amazing and saves me time and gas/electricity! (I don't use the electric one). I love how it cooks things like beans and meats to perfection in a short period of time.

I cook all kinds of foods in it, meats, bones (for broths), rice dishes, beans, lentils, stews, and it always turns out amazing.

Any pressure cooker can explode open and hurt you, but that's only if you REALLY did something wrong, like forcing it open before the pressure is released. That would be a stupid and dangerous idea. Otherwise even older versions shouldn't explode?
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

There was an accident involving a pressure cooker at home when I was younger. Never seen it at home ever since. I have my place now but I still don't trust them
Deborah Campion
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-campion.html
Latest Review: Bone Necklace by Julia Sullivan

Post by Deborah Campion »

I own two. a canner for low-acid foods. evidently it is harder to kill all the bacteria in stuff that doesn't include vinegar or tomatoes. I am kind of off canning now. there is all the work to make the food and then additional work to kill the germs :cry2: Anyway, I learned that catsup and pickles will keep in the fridge for several months without being sealed. Second pressure cooker is my instapot which i very fond of because it is QUICK cooking. it also makes creamty risotto without having to stir and stir and stir. and it breaks down all the viscera in tough meat without all the advance planning reqired by the crock pot
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I refuse to ever own or use one as my mother had one when i was growing up and used to cook vegetables to mush with it. So gross. I just cant even look at one without wanting to puke. We all have our traumas! haha
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I have and I really enjoyed doing it. It makes cooking easier and it is safer for the environment. I was so excited when I got mine for the first time.
Sarah Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-mason.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Sarah Mason »

I could not live without my pressure cooker or my rice cooker. It makes everything so much quicker and easier.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”