What do you do with leftovers?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Ticabell2016
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ticabell2016.html
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller

Re: What do you do with leftovers?

Post by Ticabell2016 »

At my home there usually will not be any leftovers, even if I cook more than needed. If I do have leftovers they will be gone within the next two days. My boyfriend is in construction so he would be happy to take the whole fridge to work if I allowed him to. When I am at work (care giving), I will utilize the leftovers to make a whole new meal. They can't even tell! :D
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller
Rachel09
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rachel09 »

Hello. Newbie here first time to reply review here. Please excuse me if my english grammer is not good hehe.

At my home usually, i was the one responsible to cook. So if there is a leftover. Mostly i re-heat it and I'll contact my close friend, whom is living close to my house. To eat the food I cook 😂 to form as bonding we eat it together, sometimes they bring there own plate so that they can get the food, and continue to carry it, through there own home to eat it and share to there family.

Last if i dont have anyone i could contact that day. They mostly end up being food by my dog. We dont like to waste food cause many unfortunate family couldnt afford to eat.
April Ruvs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-ruvs.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by April Ruvs »

I have them the next day for lunch or my brother takes the lot to school to distribute or batter trade with his friends. My mother's motto is do not waste food some people do not have it.
"Trust the wisdom of your soul it knows the way" unknown
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

I always make extra for dinner and then pack it for my husbands lunch for the next day. Saves time and money! 😊
gguillermo19
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by gguillermo19 »

I usually put it on the fridge and by tomorrow I'll cook it again for breakfast,Lol practical mindset
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

I love leftovers, but if it's something I know I won't be reheating I will share with my animals or add to my compost pile.
Elphie
Currently Reading: Toward Happier Choices
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elphie.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by Elphie »

It depends how much time they were left over. If is little time, I eat them. If its more, I try to reuse them in another dish, add spices to them, or just throw them on the garbage.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

I have a lot of dogs, I usually cook for them, but in case I have leftovers, I also give it to them as an extra.
Beaches and sunshine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Beaches and sunshine »

If the leftover food gets stale ,I through it away.if it's not then I eat it or leave it for the birds to eat.another way of using it is grinding the whole thing up then using it as a natural fertilizer for your plants
Astrid Galactic
Currently Reading: The Great Blue Hills of God
Bookshelf Size: 2049
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Astrid Galactic »

As far as I'm concerned, leftovers are a blessing. Not only does the food usually taste better after its had some time sitting and infusing all those delicious added flavors intermingling with each other, it's usually a very easy and nutritious meal to make for another day or so.

Sometimes I'll just heat them up as is or maybe take the extra lazy route and eat it cold right out of the container. Other times, I'll use the leftover as my basis for yet another dish with other ingredients added. I do that a lot with chicken. Often I'll make up a batch of chicken with lemon, wine and other herbs and spices while the next day I'll take some and add mushrooms, cream, nutmeg, walnuts and such for a change of pace.
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

I either freeze them for later or make them into another meal altogether. I rarely throw them away.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

Sometime i gave it to the man on the streets because he looks so pity and hungry
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

It depends. I put them in the fridge and just keep eating from them until they are gone. I also tend to pack them for work/university if I had something easy to carry in a container, such as pasta, lasagna, sandwiches, etc.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I keep them refrigerated and warm them to eat when there is need.Throwing away is a no for me.
Blu1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Blu1983 »

In the Caribbean its a normal thing to cook food so that there is food for another day.

Left overs is a normal thing in my home. We usually warm left overs, to me it tastw better. Left over stew chicken tatste like heaven.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”