Restaurant for business?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Restaurant for business?

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

Yes ma'am, I do because it portrays my passion as well as benefit from it.
Brunette2
Currently Reading: The Wild Truth
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunette2.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Brunette2 »

Yes restaurant business is a profitable venture to get involved, since people eat daily.
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

With having an experience in restaurant business as I previously worked there for a few years, I must say a lot goes into owning and running a restaurant business. Yes it does need capital to start up but there are also several licences that needs to be obtained and you must check with your state. Hygiene is paramount in this kind of business so it us always important to do your checks before venturing into it.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Snowhite189 wrote: โ†‘03 May 2018, 19:19 If you love to cook did you consider the idea of putting up a restaurant, if you'll ask me, I would like but the question will be do I have enough resources to do it, i should have money to put up a business such as like this and a lot of preparation needs to be done.
I've never thought about it before.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

crediblereading2 wrote: โ†‘07 May 2018, 17:43 Yes. I have often thought about it. I have so much fantastic recipe that I would love to share with my customers. One day, one day I will make it happen with God's help.
I wish you the best of luck. Do not forget to tell us when you finally open one.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Lil Reads wrote: โ†‘02 Jul 2018, 18:43 It would be so hard to start a restaurant, even if I had amazing cooking skills. I'm an okay cook, nothing really fancy or sometimes I try to improve something and it doesn't come out right.

Another concern would be, what could my restaurant offer that had enough of a market to bring in customers and keep them coming back? People are more adventurous in what they want, but also want value for the food they get. Would a fusion restaurant be too fleeting? Would a more classic diner set up attract enough interest?

Then there are all the regulations to deal with - not only hygiene and quality, but informing customers about what we offer. One of my mom's old co-workers had a son who was allergic to several things, including dairy, eggs, most nuts, and a few other more specific things. Then there are people who don't eat some things due to religious or ethical reasons, so it becomes a question of how should a restaurant try to meet these needs - keep separate kitchens that are allergen free? Advertise what food is offered and mention that somethings are not on the menu? Build a very specific menu that has a niche audience?

Then again, a restaurant that's main offering are variations of grilled cheese is doing well in my county, so... :? :eusa-think:
This is interesting. Hmm.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

TaaraLynn wrote: โ†‘25 Jul 2018, 13:45 When I was younger I wanted to have my own baking company. I swore I was going to make a cute little start up in my garage and that it would look like a bakery. Pastel colors, goodies made-to-order. Obviously, I didn't do it. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Other than pretending to own and run a restaurant at a young age, never went any further than that.
That is so sad to hear. Well, that is life for you.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I would love to start my own restaurant and also have a food truck. I love how food trucks are mobile and sometimes vintage. The only obstacle is i haven't much knowledge on food since it seems I'm taking a different course and i do not have enough time to look into the food industry.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Me, personally, no. I don't have the talent or passion for food to have a restaurant, but my dad and his chef friend, had a coffee shop bakery for a while before his friend got very sick and they had to let go of the restaurant for now. Their food was amazing, the hours was long and their whole bodies was tired at night, but they absolutely loved it! And the clientele also made it worth it for them and they received so much gratitude. In 9 months from opening their doors with no existing clientele, they made the top 9th bakery in Centurion, SA. I know when my dad's friend is 100% and healthy again, they will open their own place again!
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Me, personally, no. I don't have the talent or passion for food to have a restaurant, but my dad and his chef friend, had a coffee shop bakery for a while before his friend got very sick and they had to let go of the restaurant for now. Their food was amazing, the hours was long and their whole bodies was tired at night, but they absolutely loved it! And the clientele also made it worth it for them and they received so much gratitude. In 9 months from opening their doors with no existing clientele, they made the top 9th bakery in Centurion, SA. I know when my dad's friend is 100% and healthy again, they will open their own place again!
Ann Njeri 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-njeri-10.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ann Njeri 10 »

Yes, getting to serve people quality food!
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

It is still a dream for me to run something food related. However, I've always imagines it as something I would do after retirement. So i would have saved enough money and gathered experience to enjoy a hobby.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

My sister runs a food business, and I can say that it is always in demand since it is a necessity.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Snowhite189 wrote: โ†‘03 May 2018, 19:19 If you love to cook did you consider the idea of putting up a restaurant, if you'll ask me, I would like but the question will be do I have enough resources to do it, i should have money to put up a business such as like this and a lot of preparation needs to be done.
Putting up a restaurant is not child's Play. You need a ton of money to do with that and I told of patience to accelerate. Except you want to run a food van I think you should do a lot of research first and possibly contact people who has calling Jesus business and are currently successful at it. We can teach you a thing or two.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

It is a very nice idea. People always need to eat and it would be a business that would flourish well in a populated area.

Return to โ€œBook, Cook, and Craftsโ€