Cooking food is all about creativity?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Re: Cooking food is all about creativity?

Post by Helen Akoth »

I agree with you that cooking is all about creativity. Even when two people are given the same ingredients, the outcome is always different, depending on one's creativity.
Robinson shalom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Robinson shalom »

Cooking is a gift.which we have to crave out of us with deep creativity a d our imaginati n into reality.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I don't know how to be creative with food because I'm a picky eater and i fear i would not like most of it. But i look forward to try new things when I have my own house or apartment.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

I think in the start, cooking is about technique. Once you can create your own technique or learn from somewhere, the creativity can fully set in. It can never be a clever idea to put vinegar and baking soda , once you are past the dos and don't you can be free to put your creativity out there. (Though I am thinking now, creativity and just being spontaneous and free is actually how most recipes came to be. So actually, just go ahead and explode your kitchen until you find what works)
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

Yes it’s all about creativity. Cooking is not just about opening the stove, preparing the ingredients, and heating the pan; it’s all about as well managing how to make the food delicious in the end. Cooking is enjoyable but it takes your creativity for every single dish.
maglalangara496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maglalangara496.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by maglalangara496 »

Cooking has something to do with creativity, but it also considers the taste, texture, and how you cook the food. Cooking is an excellent way to de-stress since it provides a creative outlet, and stress can numb your senses, whereas cooking excites them. Aroma, taste, touch, visual delight, and even sizzling sound all contribute to this sensory experience.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I definitely think cooking is about being creative. I think the more confiendent you become with cooking, the more you take liberties with it.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

I completely agree with you. I like being creative when cooking. Although I might have looked up a recipe if trying it out for the first time but the next time I make that same dish I would make it more interesting.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Letora wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 07:58 I very rarely follow a recipe exactly, so I do view cooking as using creativity. The recipes are more for guidelines than anything else if I am experimenting with a new flavor. A lot of times I throw random things together, and a little spice and I'm done. My roommate is amazed at how I just know what needs to be added to help with the flavor. It's probably because my mom let me cook with her from a young age. Though back when I was young you didn't want to eat my concoctions.

Unless it is baking. Baking is a pain when it comes to the chemistry of things and I follow those recipes exactly, but I do get creative with the decorating portion.
I thought I was the only one that does this. I am glad I am not alone.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

It's art and creativity together. You should atleast have some previous knowledge of cooking before trying to make your own.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

Personally, I think cooking is an art in itself. it has a lot of intricacies and steps that if not properly followed could ruin a whole meal. it's a very creative process that most are nonchalant about.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Richard Desmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-desmond.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Richard Desmond »

Matlhodi Nozwayo wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 12:15 I think in the start, cooking is about technique. Once you can create your own technique or learn from somewhere, the creativity can fully set in. It can never be a clever idea to put vinegar and baking soda , once you are past the dos and don't you can be free to put your creativity out there. (Though I am thinking now, creativity and just being spontaneous and free is actually how most recipes came to be. So actually, just go ahead and explode your kitchen until you find what works)
Hmm. I find your take interesting.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I guess so. I like to make my food appealing or I won't enjoy it. There's an art to it. This is why not everyone is a chef or a professional cook because it takes a lot of practice and attention to detail to reach the artist level.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

That is a yes and no from me. If it is only for my son and I, then it is usually just the quickest path to get food in our bellies, but if we have people over, then I like to play with the food, make them beautifully presentable and experiment with making them taste great.
Ann Njeri 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-njeri-10.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ann Njeri 10 »

Yes because it's fun and relaxing to cook.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”