Cooking food is all about creativity?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Cooking food is all about creativity?

Post by Rose Tamuno »

born_to_live wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 05:33 Cooking is not only creativity. Right you are, making dishes is some kind of art, but fantasy is not the only required thing. To cook well you should be talented or/and skilled, follow the recipe if its already created and have an accurate eye.
I agree with you. It is not just about creativity but also their body to follow instructions.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Letora wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 07:58 I very rarely follow a recipe exactly, so I do view cooking as using creativity. The recipes are more for guidelines than anything else if I am experimenting with a new flavor. A lot of times I throw random things together, and a little spice and I'm done. My roommate is amazed at how I just know what needs to be added to help with the flavor. It's probably because my mom let me cook with her from a young age. Though back when I was young you didn't want to eat my concoctions.

Unless it is baking. Baking is a pain when it comes to the chemistry of things and I follow those recipes exactly, but I do get creative with the decorating portion.
I also do not follow a recipe, i take cooking as a fun thing. and cooking i think is more of creativity.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

Cooking is for survival before anoy other thing. The creativity aspect is down to having spare time and money.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

Yeah. I share the same belief. There are days that when cooking certain dishes, you just have to be creative, else the dish will taste like what's been prepared by an average person.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

Georgephilips wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 09:32 On my opinion I take cooking as an art and also as creativity! Timing, when to add some certain spice how you know it's ready or isn't. It's definitely an art.
I agree! cooking is definitely a form of art.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I can say that creativity playes huge part while cooking. You can come up with a whole new recipe in the middle of the process.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

Absolutely, cooking is creative! Thinking outside the culinary box is what brings us better meals, more flavors, expands our tastes, eliminates waste, and creates healthier versions of dishes. Food and cooking should not be boring or bland. It should also nourish our minds and souls as well as our bodies.
Marquesa
Favorite Book: A Promised Land
Currently Reading: The Housemaid
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marquesa.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Marquesa »

Cooking is art. Baking is science.
Bookreader1433
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreader1433.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Bookreader1433 »

There’s obviously other ingredients in the mix, but creativity plays a large role especially if you cook on the regular.
Marty+422
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marty+422 »

For me, cooking has always been a creative outlet. I love trying new recipes but almost always add my own touches and often experiment with ingredients. Recently I began compiling a recipe binder with notes on different ways I've experimented, cooking tips, and ideas to try. It's really helped me declutter and feel more organized, so I can experiment even more now. :)
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I cook because i love eating tasty food. Yes there is creativity for those who enjoy the cooking process and garnishing and experimenting but for me its like i just follow the recipe to make something because my focus in to eat u know.
Dangel Tejares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dangel-tejares.html
Latest Review: The Sum of All the Pieces by Paul Bradford

Post by Dangel Tejares »

I can’t totally say it but constructing it in another way, I believe cooking food is indeed a captivating canvas for creativity. Within the kitchen's embrace, one can paint with flavors, blend textures, and compose delightful masterpieces that tantalize the senses.
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

when I cook I never measure I alway find that you have to be creative and play around with the recipe to make it your own.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

Yes, I agreed with you. Some foods are not delicious even if they used ingredients while some will make it delicious with the same ingredients. It's creativity that's speaking! :lol:
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

Not always. There are some dishes that if you're creative with, you might end up making a mess of the situation.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”