Perfect Casting

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sheila Hajula
Favorite Book: The Secret Life of Bees
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 7

Icon Perfect Casting

Post by Sheila Hajula »

Which book/comic character was cast on Tv/film exactly as you pictured in your mind?
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

Harry Potter is a good example of perfect casting. So many characters and all actors chosen were a good fit.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

sush_destiny wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 13:20 Harry Potter is a good example of perfect casting. So many characters and all actors chosen were a good fit.
I agree with Harry Potter. Every single one of the characters was perfect to me. I would also say The Fault in Our Stars was done well.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Sheila Hajula
Favorite Book: The Secret Life of Bees
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Sheila Hajula »

sush_destiny wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 13:20 Harry Potter is a good example of perfect casting. So many characters and all actors chosen were a good fit.
Well all except that second Dumbledore. I preferred Richard Harris.
BuzzingQuill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buzzingquill.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BuzzingQuill »

Percy Jackson had a spot on cast (just kidding lol), I'm a big fan of Game thrones, both the show (at least the first 4 seasons of it) and the books, so I would say my favourite casting of characters was Sean Bean as Ned Stark, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister and Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark, although I adore Peter Dinklage he was way too attractive to play Tyrion in my opinion.

Also, there's a lot of love for the Harry Potter cast and I must add that while I thought Daniel Radcliffe as Harry, I had mixed feelings on Emma Watson (who I adore as a person), but I think much like Peter Dinklage she was too attractive, in my head she was always that awkward nerd buck-tooth girl.
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan the Barbarian. Perfect casting. Just as I pictured him when I read the books.
YL_Eytka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yl-eytka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by YL_Eytka »

BuzzingQuill wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 10:46 Percy Jackson had a spot on cast (just kidding lol), I'm a big fan of Game thrones, both the show (at least the first 4 seasons of it) and the books, so I would say my favourite casting of characters was Sean Bean as Ned Stark, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister and Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark, although I adore Peter Dinklage he was way too attractive to play Tyrion in my opinion.

Also, there's a lot of love for the Harry Potter cast and I must add that while I thought Daniel Radcliffe as Harry, I had mixed feelings on Emma Watson (who I adore as a person), but I think much like Peter Dinklage she was too attractive, in my head she was always that awkward nerd buck-tooth girl.
Oh my god, yes! I feel the same way, Hollywood tends to make characters more attractive in the movies, I can understand why in some cases, like maybe the character was described in a way that was so unattractive it would be near impossible to find actors to fit that description. In my opinion the most egregious act of Hollywood doing this was in Ready Player One, the casting of that movie got my blood boiling.

Also in terms of perfect casting goes, I really loved the Lord of the Rings cast, more specifically Cate Blanchette, she is the epitome of ethereal beauty and worked so well for Galadriel.
BuzzingQuill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buzzingquill.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BuzzingQuill »

You're so right when Artemis revealed her 'hideous scar' I wanted to burst out laughing! Oh and I absolutely agree Cate Blanchette was the perfect Galadriel.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

I loved 'The Harry Potter' series, good characters as well as casts
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I thought Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings was cast well. Gandalf looked exactly how I expected him to. Gimley and Legolas were cast well too. Even the Ents were exactly how I pictured them.

I thought the casting for Pride and Prejudice was excellent as well, especially Mr. Darcy. Elizabeth was a little too pretty, but all of the the other characters were cast perfectly.

Return to “Films and Books”