Books versus Movies

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
JenJen13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52

Re: Books versus Movies

Post by JenJen13 »

I prefer the book then the movie. There have been times where I would watch a movie and later find out it was a book and then read the book. Most of the time I find myself reading the book before the movie because I know that the movie is not going to have all the information and will leave out details that are crucial sometimes to the plot. Even with technology being as great as it is I find that a person's imagination is way than CGI. Also with the book you're given more information and more detail as to what is going on unlike the movie where you only have a limited of time to tell the whole story. I'm a big Stephen King fan I have read most of his books and have watched the film adaptations. and even though the movies, some of them, are great I still find myself reading and re-reading the books.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

RobertManchester wrote: 06 Aug 2014, 13:22
Age777 wrote:Can you list book/movie combos and which you liked more?
Why?
What parts made you like one more than the other?
Or did you like them both but for different reasons?
I think 9 out of 10 times I find the book is better I am not sure why maybe it's because I read the book first most the time and it's comes alive In my head in its own way then when they make it as a move it's just not the same
I prefer books over movies, too!
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

Typically if I watch the movie first, I prefer the movie and if I read the book first I prefer the book. An exception to this is Carrie - I saw the movie first but preferred the book.
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

For the most part books are better, very few movies I've seen have outranked their books but that's just me.

Return to “Films and Books”