What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Ash Subra »

I recently watch Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. I love the movie, 10/10
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Starsky and Hutch with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. Not a bad movie, not as good as the original 70's series but its okay. It starts out kind of silly and unbelievable but gets better later on. A lot of wild car chases, shootouts with the bad guys, its a rollercoaster ride. 7 out of 10.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Shazam! Fury of the Gods - I thought the first was underrated and this is a quality follow-up. I'd rate it around an 8.5/10 on a general score. My personal biases with mythology and fantasy creatures take it to a 9/10. What's great though is that the human elements really ground the story. You can tell that the people making it care about the characters even though some get more screen time/development, which is unavoidable with a large cast. I hope we can see more of the Shazamily.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Phenomenon a film about UFO sightings. Very interesting it could make one a believer.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Ain't a movie person that much :lol: The last I watched at home was Nairobi Half Life. It features life struggles in rural and urban cities of Kenya, crime, and later success. I loved it.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Ash Subra wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 02:08 I recently watch Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. I love the movie, 10/10
Long live Wakanda :D but too sad we lost one of its actors. :cry:
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Kallios home

Post by Kallios home »

Thread movies really interest me I would have to check this one out! Thanks for bringing this movie to my attention. :D 8-)
Amarsanaa Asana

Post by Amarsanaa Asana »

The movie Divergent is a fictional movie but it is a happened in my life, in my dream. Everyone can control their dream like a divergent. When I was chased by someone in my dream felt anxiety I talked myself Stop it is not real look back and fight and I won always. And also I dreamed falling from high place I can fly. Everything happen what I said. So that means you can control everything in your dream and you can order your future in your dream.....
Mabs83k

Post by Mabs83k »

Before Sunrise (1995). Really enjoyed it. 8 out of 10
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

I just came back from watching cocaine bear in the theatre, and oh my god, what a ride. Elizabeth Banks has done a great job. For a movie about a bear high on cocaine, it had great funny and emotional moments, and the ending was extremely cathartic. It's my new favourite movie, I've been going around recommending it to everybody. 5/5 would watch again.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

The last movie I saw is blood and water and I enjoyed it because it’s filled with suspense and the storyline is amazing
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Last one was Glass Onion, in Netflix. It’s not bad, good mystery, but I think the first one (Knives out) is better, and I found the film was too similar to Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None. Still, entertaining and fun to watch.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Shin Ultraman. Not a bad movie but not a top favorite. It was somewhat blah, some parts were dragged out too much. The human story was pretty good and had some decent actors. It was fairly enjoyable if you have nothing else to watch. 3 out of 5.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

Black panther: Wakanda Forever, i think its a very good movie but compared to the first it is worse. i rate it a 3 out of 5!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

The Golden Age Of Comedy and the companion feature When Comedy Was King from around 1961. Clips from 1910's and 20's silent comedy films with Laurel and Hardy, Charley Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Keystone Cops and many others. Its a hoot, I was in stiches the whole movie.

Return to “Films and Books”