What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Quizlit4Stephen
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Quizlit4Stephen »

August Rush (2007) awful, 1 Star
Nikki MOC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikki-moc.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min.

Post by Nikki MOC »

I recently saw Adrift (2018) and I loved it. It talked about survival, hope and love - all the things that i love. I would rate it 4/5.
Daniel Lopez 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-lopez-10.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Daniel Lopez 10 »

The last film I Saw was a Colombian fil I think Called "El niño de los mandados" is about a little kid who after losing his mother and his current job starts to work un a drugstore where he bec really gomes really good about medicines and attending patients
:tiphat: DAN PUNK
Nancy004
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Nancy004 »

I recently watched they movie "I'm Thinking of Ending Things". Based on Iain Reid's novel, it is a mind-bending psychological thriller. The film follows a man's shifting perceptions as he fantasizes about an ideal girlfriend, bringing her home to meet his parents. With dark tones, a wintry storm, and an unsettling old house, the atmosphere is unhinged. The storyline is a puzzle, difficult to grasp at first but revealing its brilliance upon reflection. Ultimately, it becomes clear that there was no girlfriend from the start. A refreshing and psychologically twisting experience, this film is a must-see for fans of complex narratives and unsettling atmospheres.
Rich King 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rich King 4 »

The last movie for me was "The Great War" documentary and before it started it showed how the setup of the movie was and gave descendants of war vets who might have passed or survived the opportunity to play their ancestors. The best thing was it gave them the ability to dress in similar fashion and I must admit most of them were not far from absolute resemblance. Can we do more of these opportunities for our younger generation and let them reenact the efforts of their ancestors I feel this would be a better way to help them view the proper before internet world reality.
maggie hong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by maggie hong »

Saw the new Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves movie. I rate it a 5/10.
CGI and special effects were cool, storyline was interesting, but I think the acting turned me off and the character development wasn't all that great. It also seemed quite cliche - a bunch of cliches actually - and forced.
Let me know if I'm the only one who thought that..

I also saw Sisu in theaters. Wow, three words. Violent, Silent, and Great. So it's pretty bloody as it's during wartime (post-war) with Nazi Germany and there's this lone man left fighting who lost everything. Honestly, there's not much character development for him as much as there is for each of the supporting characters. However, he's admirable and tenacious and just a full-on a bada$s. I would give the movie a 8/10.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

I saw quite a recent film- the Mario Movie. While it wasn't my first choice, my kids certainly loved it. Glad to see how rapidly improving kids' movies are getting.
Rebekah Lee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Rebekah Lee »

"The Mother" 5 out of 5 stars for sure!
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nasaka-j.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nasaka J »

The last movie I saw was the series "The Office".It is a comedic sitcom. Basically it is portraying the daily lives and interactions of the employees working at Dunder Mifflin, a fictional paper company.
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nasaka-j.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nasaka J »

Nasaka J wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 07:31 The last movie I saw was the series "The Office".It is a comedic sitcom. Basically it is portraying the daily lives and interactions of the employees working at Dunder Mifflin, a fictional paper company.
On a scale of one to ten, I gave it a rating of nine out of ten. This is because of it's witty writing, hilarious character dynamics, and relatable workplace humor. It satirizes the corporate working environment.
Red_berry

Post by Red_berry »

GUMRAAH!!
The last movie I saw was "gumraah", it's actually an Indian movie.
The story revolves around a murder mystery, and the primary suspect happened to be known to a highly ranked officer as some sort of his enemy, but the story takes an unexpected turn when the cops found that the primary suspect has a lookalike.
Gumraah is a suspense thriller that keeps you guessing until the end. This sets off a chain of events that leads to a series of twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
And because the identical twins are rivals due to some misunderstanding in their past but at the same time cannot leave any one of them in danger, the cops had a really hard time solving the case resulting in an unexpected verdict by the court due to these twins brothers 100% similarity.

I would rate the movie 8.5 out of 10 because of the interesting characters' strategy, suspense, action, and story line, and in IMBDd the rating is 6.5/10.
Sian Versweyveld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sian-versweyveld.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Sian Versweyveld »

The last movie I've seen at the theaters was John Wick 4. It was really good, a 10/10.
“The mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1071
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

The last movie I saw in the theatre was The Little Mermaid, and I went with my adult children : ) We all enjoyed it (Melissa McCarthy stole the show as the villian). I would give it a solid 8/10. Halle Bailey is incredible!!
Paces
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Paces »

Queen Charlotte;A Bridgerton story is the movie I last saw.A headstrong young woman and a troubled young man defied their own expectations — and the expectations of those around them — and found kindred spirits in one another. Both of them want to challenge societal expectations, and it’s through Charlotte that George finds the strength to do so even if his mental health struggles make him feel like an outsider (let’s not think too hard about the actual historical facts here). They overcome all odds and triumphantly find one another, even if it’s all juxtaposed with the bittersweetness of the present day.
It's rated for adults since it contains strong language and I rate it a 5 Star movie in the Bridgerton series.
I would highly recommend it to you as it teaches us to make the most out of the worst times and water the grass to be more greener,it's indeed mind and emotional captivating and you wouldn't want to miss it for anything.
Aveline cruz

Post by Aveline cruz »

The last movie I saw was culpa mia/my fault. Absolutely amazing for people who like romance and spicy movies. Everything was good the cast the dynamics. There are triggers including age gap which for me isn't too much but the girl is minor(17y/o) which will definitely trigger some people but over all the movie was amazing.
I give it a 10/10

Return to “Films and Books”