Where do you see the film industry in the next 10-20 years with the new innovations technology?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Fortune Ubeng
Currently Reading: Women of Fire and Snow
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fortune-ubeng.html
Latest Review: Women of Fire and Snow by Nati del Paso

Where do you see the film industry in the next 10-20 years with the new innovations technology?

Post by Fortune Ubeng »

I feel with the invention of AI generated platforms, acts in movies may not need to be acted anymore. AI could just generate a movie based on the storyline told to it by the director of the film.
Susan Ledezma
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Arch-Conspirator
Currently Reading: Court of Blood and Bindings
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

I do think that some filmmakers might try to incorporate AI into the film making process, however, I don't think that it's good for the industry. AI kills the creative process and can take jobs away from many people. I also don't think that a computer can ever have the creativity to make something original. Overall, I just don't think that AI will work in the long term the way that it is now. But who knows?
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Stella Ugwu
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-ugwu.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Stella Ugwu »

I believe that the plot of future movies will be AI-generated because we live in a technological age in which new forms of artificial intelligence are discovered every day by the tech industries, so I do not believe that future movie scripts will be written by the screenwriters themselves.
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Happy Endings by Jana Smith

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I hope that wherever the future of film goes, they stop with the remakes. There are so many interesting stories to tell, and they can get them from already-written books. But they would rather waste billions of dollars telling the same old stories over and over. I hope they return to genuine creativity.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: The Omega Course by Paul Clark

Post by João Ramos »

Current films are much worse than those from past decades. With the development of AI, I hope this negative trend will reverse.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Crawling Towards The Exit: July by Barrie Machin

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

I expect groundbreaking technological innovations. Virtual reality might become a norm, offering immersive movie experiences. Also, AI could play a significant role in scriptwriting and editing.
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: A Curse for True Love
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Post by Ambar Gill »

If someone asked me this question a few years ago, I would say that the film industry would be entirely on streaming services. However, I think those streaming services, because of their greed, are going to emulate cable. We see it already with Amazon Prime showing ads in their programs. I also think movie theatres are going to disappear. Almost no one goes to the movies. Celebrities and what it means to be a celebrity are also going to change. It won't be this exclusive circle anymore, anyone can be apart of it now and it'll lose it glamour
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Jacy Covers »

I see the movie industry taking a massive leap in the next 10 years. It would be wholesome to see and know what happens.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

I completely agree with you and technology on its own with our Netflix applications has also caused the cinema culture to die out. I still love visiting the cinema but now it feels like its costly . Directors might take the cost effective approach in the future by not paying actors and actresses just using robots for stunts and all ... we are slowly being replaced aren't we 😑

Return to “Films and Books”