Twilight movie disappointment

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
starzandreams
Currently Reading: Two Months and Three Days
Bookshelf Size: 20

Re: Twilight movie disappointment

Post by starzandreams »

I have seen the movie first. The novels were honestly so amazing I read them multiple times. I still don't think I can say that the movie was bad, though. Since I saw it first before reading the book so it holds a special place for me.
Purneemaa
Favorite Book: A Court of Mist and Fury
Currently Reading: Crescent City
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purneemaa.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Purneemaa »

Not to offend anyone, but even after all these years I cringe everytime I watch the movies. I still can't get over the "Should I start calling you dad?" dialogue....... :shock2: :?
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

It isn't that I didn't like the movie, but once I read the first book, I saw the first movie and couldn't stop and I watched all the remaining movies and then became too lazy to read the other books.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Little_Lotte »

Yeah, I agree, it was a bit disappointing back then, the first book Twilight was good. I didn't enjoy the second one though. But I understood the direction the movies were going so I let go. The third one was better and for an unpopular opinion, I liked the first half of Breaking Dawn.

Then I forgot about them, and recently I found Midnight Sun. I could not leave the last book from the series unread so I read it. I liked it, strangely. It gave far more context to the Cullen family than Bella's version.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I don't care; I think they both suck. Some of the characters were okay, and some good moments but everything else is just absolutely terrible—very terrible.
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: 4 Daniel A Precolonial History and My Life History in Rhodesia and Zimbabwe by Edmund Katso

Post by João Ramos »

Alexandros92 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 07:57 I always saw the Twilight movies as a reflection of the John Rambo series. These kinds of movies just provide to each gender with what they want to see without much consideration of whether the scenario makes sense. If you go to the cinema knowing that, there is nothing wrong with the movies. Now if you actually expect some serious kind of development you are going to keep waiting for a long time lol
That comment (comparing Twilight to Rambo) was the most surreal I've ever seen. Your analysis makes sense, though. :mrgreen2: :mrgreen2:

Return to “Films and Books”