Book to series?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
-Bookworming-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Book to series?

Post by -Bookworming- »

Do you ever get that feeling that a book should be made into a good 10+ episodes series without even deleting a scene from it? :roll: Just a random thought :snooty:
finebunchofnothing
Currently Reading: The Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finebunchofnothing.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by finebunchofnothing »

Absolutely! When a good book is turned into a movie, there's always a fear that many things would be cut out due to the fact that there's very limited screentime and so many things to show during that. Obviously, that depends on the talent of the crew who'll be working on the series, but there are, in my opinion, great books that could become a successful series.
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

I agree that I would love some books to be made into series, but I hate the way it is usually put into action, at least in the US. They get so caught up in just keeping the series going so it will keep make money that they end up changing the story until it is almost unrecognizable.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Yes! I wish when they do turn it into a series, they don't go off book. Take for instance Thirteen Reasons Why. I thought the first season was amazing and actually better than the book. It followed it almost perfectly. Then they did a season 2 and it was all new material that was horrible.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
A_simple_Hamster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by A_simple_Hamster »

Yes!!!! I don't get why they don't do this more often since books provides lots of details worth of being included. Moreover it would be great for character developement and for some minor turn in the plot :mrgreen:.

Return to “Films and Books”