What was the movie that annoyed you after watching it?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Re: What was the movie that annoyed you after watching it?

Post by Magnify3 »

Maggie's Christmas Miracle did not do it for me. I read the novel Maggie's Miracle years before I watched the movie. The novel is so much better.
cdhundley
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by cdhundley »

Artificial Intelligence, which reaches a natural tragic end that would have made it a superb film, if left untouched. Instead it is marred by a ridiculous coda that makes you feel like you wasted your time (and if you watched it in the theater like I did when it first came out, your money).
Cybbie_09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cybbie-09.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Cybbie_09 »

yimei1209 wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 12:04 Both Percy Jackson movies. I love Percy Jackson books so much, but the movies left me disappointed and angry.
THEY WERE TERRIBLE!!! We should start a petition for a do-over lol
ashtonf
Currently Reading: The Young Elites
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ashtonf »

See You Yesterday ended on a cliff hanger with no clue as to how it would end. It bothers me when something ends on a cliffhanger and there's no hints of any sort to let you infer as to how it ended.
Sleipnir_Drew
Favorite Book: Oathbringer
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sleipnir_Drew »

I got three words for you: THE DARK TOWER. I mean that maybe, as a movie that has nothing to do with the original King's story, it could have been somewhat passable. But the way they BUTCHERED the story was just close to becoming a crime. It had EVERYTHING wrong and just kept on destroying the story's flow... At a certain point where they find the house... That was it for me. I had to step out of the movie theater twice (because I went to see it and convinced myself and my wife that we should at least try to see it all) and it was my biggest mistake.

I love Stephen King's The Dark Tower, all 7 books. And to ruin this story THAT MUCH, as it happened before to Christopher Paolini's Eragon and Phillip Pullman's Northern Lights, is just shameful.

Have you seen any of the three?
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

yimei1209 wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 12:04 Both Percy Jackson movies. I love Percy Jackson books so much, but the movies left me disappointed and angry.
I second that! They had this huge budget from Disney and totally screwed it up.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

People may disagree but The Notebook annoyed and disappointed me actually. Some parts were very unrealistic so yeah. I am a pride and prejudice lover.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:

Post by Areej Tahir »

starkpages wrote: 20 May 2019, 22:55 Avengers: Endgame probably? I mean aside from annoyance, I felt grief and anger and other emotions but still I was so annoyed with the Russo brothers for killing off my favorite characters.
Wow I have a completely different view on this. I LOVED endgame. I was disappointed by GOT ending
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:

Post by Areej Tahir »

Nisha Ward wrote: 20 May 2019, 19:27 Captain America: Civil War. So much of it didn't make sense from a narrative and character perspective and any interesting part of it just got shoved to the side for Bucky.
Agreed. civil war was a mess
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

For me, the Percy Jackson movies are infinitely annoying. Nothing at all was right with them, they absolutely butchered the books.
~Roxie~
Dawnreader1
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dawnreader1 »

Ready Player One. I am still angry :oops2: about this movie! I absolutely loved the book. Wade was a dimensional character who was funny, smart, thoughtful and very witty in the book. In the movie he was as flat as a cardboard cutout. While the graphics were very good, the story was absolutely destroyed. What broke my heart even more...the author helped write the screen play. So I went in expecting it to be absolutely amazing. My husband, who has never read the book, loved the movie. Sometimes I wonder how we ended up together. :lol2: Just kidding. But seriously just read the book. Don’t waste time on this film that should have been thrown in the garbage.
atlantacollins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atlantacollins.html
Latest Review: The Grand by Dennis D. Wilson

Post by atlantacollins »

The film adaptation of Eragon is definitely on the top of my list. The movie was decent in its own right, but it horribly misconstrued the plot and characterization of the Inheritance Cycle. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the movie cherry-picked plot points of the first three books in such a convoluted manner, that they were unable to make a second film.

I would only recommend this film to people who have not read and have no intention to read the Inheritance Cycle. Any fans of the books will certainly be disappointed by the movie.
mrnobody3
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrnobody3.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by mrnobody3 »

Definitely captain marvel. I know some of marvel fans enjoyed the movie but I didn't. The plot was a mess especially the scene on how nick fury lost his eye. I was very disappointed because the main reason I watched captain marvel because I wanted to know nick fury's past. Her character was also bland and unlikeable that I found extremely annoying despite on how powerful she was. The only good thing about the movie was any scenes that included Goose the cat.
casdill
Currently Reading: Thank and Grow Rich
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by casdill »

Lol so many people hating the Percy Jackson movies. I hated the books and the movies, maybe the books more though. I enjoyed the movies only so much simply because Sean Bean was in them, but truly, the entire story is a travesty to young adult fiction.

Desolation of Smaug comes to mind for me. I hated every second that was altered from the story, considering that the first film stayed so true to the book and was so wonderfully done. DoS just fell apart... like, I get that they wanted a strong female character or whatever but that's literally not the story. -_- I am a strong and independent woman on my own, I don't *have* to see women constantly in my films to feel secure. Ugh. The dragon scenes are great, except I find Smaug looks a lot like a talking fish. I'll stick with the Rankin and Bass version, it has a great soundtrack.
Beereader20
Currently Reading: The cottage at rosella cove
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Beereader20 »

The best of me by Nicholas sparks. The book was such a great read with interesting characters.

But the movie annoyed me as it was different to the book in a big way and took away a part which was a main part of the book.

Return to “Films and Books”