In love with old movies

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

In love with old movies

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Do you like old movies like italic, Rambo?

Leave a list when you type a quick reply
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

I never went for Rambo but Indiana Jones is a classic.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Yes indianna Jones was a good film with those moments of making up with a loved one, finding out he has a son and lots of action.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I love the original Star Wars films. So good!
Shelly Caetano
Currently Reading: Altered Carbon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelly-caetano.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Shelly Caetano »

It's always interesting to read these kinds of posts. It's always interesting to see the differences in perception of time. It is, after all, a construct. That being said, when I first saw this post I immediately thought of (apparently) very old movies. Black and white movies from the 40's-50's. I love classic horror films; especially those with Vincent Price or Christopher Lee. Movies such as the original House on Haunted Hill, original 13 Ghosts, original House of Wax, the Pit and the Pendulum, and Carnival of Souls have a very special place in my heart.
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

I agree with drifting dreamer that the differences in perception of time are really interesting here. I was born in the '90s, so "old" for me is a bit different. As a kid, I was obsessed with the original Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. As children do, I watched it unendingly and (embarrassingly enough) was Snow White for Halloween five separate times.

Now, I would have to say my favorite is the Blues Brothers. It's funny, exciting, musically catchy, and more than a little ridiculous. The first time I saw it, I was blown away. As I write this, I'm getting inspiration for my next Halloween costume! :wink:
MJoubert1301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 460
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mjoubert1301.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by MJoubert1301 »

drifting dreamer wrote: 02 May 2019, 20:38 It's always interesting to read these kinds of posts. It's always interesting to see the differences in perception of time. It is, after all, a construct. That being said, when I first saw this post I immediately thought of (apparently) very old movies. Black and white movies from the 40's-50's. I love classic horror films; especially those with Vincent Price or Christopher Lee. Movies such as the original House on Haunted Hill, original 13 Ghosts, original House of Wax, the Pit and the Pendulum, and Carnival of Souls have a very special place in my heart.
I was also thinking 1940's and there about. :lol:
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

MJoubert1301 wrote: 03 May 2019, 03:17
drifting dreamer wrote: 02 May 2019, 20:38 It's always interesting to read these kinds of posts. It's always interesting to see the differences in perception of time. It is, after all, a construct. That being said, when I first saw this post I immediately thought of (apparently) very old movies. Black and white movies from the 40's-50's. I love classic horror films; especially those with Vincent Price or Christopher Lee. Movies such as the original House on Haunted Hill, original 13 Ghosts, original House of Wax, the Pit and the Pendulum, and Carnival of Souls have a very special place in my heart.
I was also thinking 1940's and there about. :lol:
Same here! :lol2:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Yes some people would consider old movies as those from the 1940s and you can post any old movie you liked. What i had in mind was movies that you watched as a kid.

These days the movies that are 'trending' change so fast and so those you liked when you were young could be considered old for some people. Example titanic is still a great movie but for some it's old.

Okay enough rambling!

@ kelseydwf I love the blues brothers it's so cool. I love when they went to the witch Queen and she told them to dance and they refused. So she used Magic and they start dancing. That part is awesome😃
Shelly Caetano
Currently Reading: Altered Carbon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelly-caetano.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Shelly Caetano »

Yeah, you’re not wrong. Sometimes a reminder from some random post on social media will say such and such movie (like The Craft) has hit 20 years today! And I will reflect back like “Nah! It can’t be THAT old” but I, am in fact, that old.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

I love classic movies (from the 30’s - 60s). I used to watch them with my grandma and have been hooked ever since. One of my favorites is Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Kathryn Hepburn - so good and absolutely hilarious!
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Yesss!

"Bonjour Tristesse", both the movie and the book
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

Glad I'm not the only one who think that old movie are much older than Rambo and the first Indiana Jones. Sometimes it's refreshing to watch movies such as Alfred Hitchcock's or others from the 1950s and older.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

I agree with others that have posted. To me old movies would be 1920’s to 1960.

I can get in to pretty much any of the old B & W movies, some may take longer for me to get in to than others but I can still enjoy them.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I love old movies! Once when I was sick, I watched Grease 6 times in once day which is a little embarrassing to admit but oh well. Pretty much any old movie that was a musical, which was a lot of them, is a huge win in my books.

Return to “Films and Books”