A Quiet Place vs The Silence

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

A Quiet Place vs The Silence

Post by Letora »

Both films are focused on noise. If you make a noise the creatures will kill you. Both films also have a deaf main character. A Quiet Place takes place during the aftermath of what seemed to be an invasion and shows a family trying their best to make it in a post-apocalyptic world. The Silence takes place at the start of an infestation of bat-like creatures. A family tries its best to navigate through the new world, but they'll find that the creatures aren't their only enemies. Humans can be just as bad.
Though the two films at first seemed to be similar, I think they were different. While it's true both revolve around the concept of monsters and staying silent, the families go through drastically different circumstances. Has anyone else seen the two movies? What are you opinions of the two? Do you prefer one over the other?
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

I like them both but if I have to choose one, I would choose A Quiet Place. I can't remember the ending of The Silence but the sad ending of A Quiet Place makes me want to have another movie of it.

I just want to add, I love Hush too! :)
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

I’ve seen both movies. A Quiet Place is significantly better. The Silence was pretty forgettable for me. AQP had wonderful acting performances by an awesome cast. The storyline made more sense, though it left a lot to mystery. I would watch AQP over and over again. I’d give TS one more watch and then I’d be done.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

I definitely prefer A Quiet Place. Unfortunately I saw it first, and besides the graphics where better as well. This made the following movies I had to see like Bird Box and The Silence appear like cheaper copies of the same story line.
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

I actually prefer the Quiet Place. Its more interesting
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

They're basically the same movie if we're being honest. That said, a quiet place wins. Hands down!

Return to “Films and Books”