EndGame..... Thoughts..?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Vilin44
Bookshelf Size: 0

EndGame..... Thoughts..?

Post by Vilin44 »

I want to hear all your thoughts on EndGame, and on what has lead to it.

And what do you think is coming for phase 4
Angie1251

Post by Angie1251 »

I really loved endgame and was really sad to see this amazing story come to an end (we all know this is not the end) even through what they went there was a hidden meaning to bringing the kids into this movie. I really think the reason behind the kids is to present the next generation of Avengers. I don't know if this is right, but behind everything there must be a meaning. You can't tell me Violet's "practice" wasn't actually training. Stark wouldn't say I love you 3000 without a meaning what if that is the suit he made for his daughter. We might never know, but i honestly loved this movie. It made me cry a lot though, but totally worth it.
Betweenthecovers21
Currently Reading: Five Feet Apart
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betweenthecovers21.html
Latest Review: Chase Found Grit by Jeanne Evelyn

Post by Betweenthecovers21 »

anyone think some characters (not Ironman) will be brought back? if so, how? will any new characters be introduced?
Gabeypoii

Post by Gabeypoii »

Endgame was definitely a movie worth watching. Most people would get bored just watching a 1 hour film but you could never be bored with Marvel's movies. In the scene where the Marvel women band together to fight Thanos is also a good way to teach the young women of the next generation that you dont need to be a man to be able to fight for what you believe in. They all lost someone close to them and getting them back at the end just made them fight even harder.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I honestly loved it. It was action and drama filled. Sure it had some mistakes, but overall, an enjoyable experience.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

Gabeypoii wrote: 05 May 2019, 22:30 Endgame was definitely a movie worth watching. Most people would get bored just watching a 1 hour film but you could never be bored with Marvel's movies. In the scene where the Marvel women band together to fight Thanos is also a good way to teach the young women of the next generation that you dont need to be a man to be able to fight for what you believe in. They all lost someone close to them and getting them back at the end just made them fight even harder.
I agree with this opinion. It is an emotional journey, and an interesting movie to watch.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Bianca Jaira

Post by Bianca Jaira »

Endgame was a great movie, it has different emotions that affects the viewers, from comedy action and drama. I think that it is not the end yet. Kids will definitely be the successors and will continue the next chapter. I love it.
GC50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gc50.html
Latest Review: Perfect Fairways... Hidden Lies by Robert Marier

Post by GC50 »

I really loved Avengers:Endgame, I think it is the best film Marvel has ever produced and it was the best way to close this three phases.
I loved to see this characters' evolution and how Marvel finished their stories, but I am a little bit worried of what is coming next. I think that Marvel can't reproduce what they did before and I'm afraid they'll try that and they'll ruin this amazing universe. Maybe they should stop now before it is too late.
The MCU is one of my favorite cinematic universes and this film definitively made me cry.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

Betweenthecovers21 wrote: 05 May 2019, 17:04 anyone think some characters (not Ironman) will be brought back? if so, how? will any new characters be introduced?
We know there will be TV shows of some of the dead heroes like Loki and Natasha, but I don't think they will actually bring anyone back to life. Most likely, the roles will just be passed on to the next generation. I really hope we get a Young Avengers group up with Harley, Peter, and Morgan!
Dally1
Currently Reading:

Post by Dally1 »

All I have to say about Endgame.. is wow. It was so emotional. But WELL worth the watch. I feel like the next one is going to be very, very intense. I cannot wait for it! I'm so excited for it.
Hutygags
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hutygags.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hutygags »

The Avengers have been apart of my soul since I was a five year old in 1990. So, I was already sentimentally primed to love enjoy the movie. But I am also difficult to please. So, here are my two major nitpicks.

1) I was glad to hear Captain America finally say, "Avengers assemble." I was confused by the choice to say "assemble" so softly that maybe four people out of the army surrounding him would be able to hear it.

2) The "girl power" moment frustrated me, because it did not work on its own level. Spider-Man asks Captain Marvel how she would get the glove where she needs to get it. The answer comes that she's not alone. She is then surrounded by only women who assist her. But she's the Superman of this universe. She didn't need assistance. A girl with a spear, a melee weapon, cannot assist her. Neither could a guy, if he had a spear. Furthermore, I understand that they wanted to set up a moment for Iron Man to sacrifice himself, but this beat had me wondering why Captain Marvel didn't put the glove on and snap her fingers herself.
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I loved it! The story they chose to go with was very unexpected, but it did the job well. The choice to make it 3 hours and include the credits scene of the actors' signatures made the journey sentimental and precious. A fantastic way to "end" a great universe.

I don't know if it's the same for others, but the time travel part of the movie was my favorite. It was very funny and I've always been interested in storylines where characters relive their pasts. It's interesting to see what they would do as a result of their knowledge of the future.

I was sad that it had to come to an end, but I'm hopeful for phase 4, especially the Loki series. He could get up to anything!
ElizaPeaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by ElizaPeaks »

Hutygags wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 19:29 The "girl power" moment frustrated me, because it did not work on its own level.
Yes! This was my biggest frustration with the movie! That whole moment felt really obligatory, and it's sad that they had to make a point of having an all girl's moment instead of working more thoroughly to incorporate the female characters into the movie.

I was also disappointed with Captain Marvel's role in the film. Everyone I knew was raving about how she was going to be the one to end Thanos, and while this felt a little strange due the fact that she was a newly introduced character into this movie series, I was excited to see her defeat him. I understand that she destroyed a lot of Thanos's army and that the fight mightn't have been won without her, but I also think that, if they had chosen to exclude her from the movie, they still would have found a way to make it work. Her role was underwhelming.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Endgame was incredible, but Infinity War was better. Overall, I was satisfied with the ending and the passing on of the shield.
~Roxie~
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I enjoyed it, but it pandered waaaay too much to the audience.

Also, I agree with above posters, Captain Marvel was very much underused.

Return to “Films and Books”