The Wheel of Time TV Series

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jezebelle84
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jezebelle84.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill
fav_author_id: 4314

The Wheel of Time TV Series

Post by Jezebelle84 »

I've just learned that Amazon Prime will be making a Wheel of Time TV series. So far the only information about the show is that Rosamund Pike will be playing Moraine. This and many other fantasy series are going to getting adaptations due to the popularity of Game of Thrones.
clint_csperry-org
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clint-csperry-org.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by clint_csperry-org »

I've been following this as it develops. Brandon Sanderson may be involved somehow also. Though I've only run into some comments he made about the show being somewhat different that the books. But that is true of all books converted. Especially the Epic's that Jordan produced for the Wheel of Time.
Jezebelle84
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jezebelle84.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by Jezebelle84 »

Considering what an epic it is, I think adapting it will be difficult. I am curious about it, though I have a track record of disliking and book to movie/tv show that i've seen if I've read the book(s). I think what bothers me about this is that it's riding on the tail feathers of the popularity of Game of Thrones. So now a ton of fantasy novels will get made into a movie or tv show. Basically it's gone from YA novels to adult fantasy novels. It's all just a fad.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I hope Sanderson is involved. I couldn't make it past Lord of Chaos though. There is way too much filler and description in the books for me. I know the show is definitely going to cut a chunk out like GOT and I might like it more.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Jezebelle84 wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 16:57 Considering what an epic it is, I think adapting it will be difficult. I am curious about it, though I have a track record of disliking and book to movie/tv show that i've seen if I've read the book(s). I think what bothers me about this is that it's riding on the tail feathers of the popularity of Game of Thrones. So now a ton of fantasy novels will get made into a movie or tv show. Basically it's gone from YA novels to adult fantasy novels. It's all just a fad.
Hopefully it'll be good? Streaming services seem to have better track records with fantasy than network tv and with Sanderson's involvement it'd be interesting to see what happens.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
cdhundley
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by cdhundley »

Letora wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 21:11 I hope Sanderson is involved. I couldn't make it past Lord of Chaos though. There is way too much filler and description in the books for me. I know the show is definitely going to cut a chunk out like GOT and I might like it more.
I could see this, but agreed with the amount of filler in WoT. That said, if it's tight and minimizes WoT's many subplots, I might watch.
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I am crazy excited about this!!! I have been reading and re-reading this series for 15+ years. I picked up the first book when I was 15 and will continue to go back to the series. The trailers look amazing! While I am sad that it took this long to come out, I am excited because of where technology is and the effects should be amazing!
Rachel Kubus
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Currently Reading: Soundless
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-kubus.html
Latest Review: Acts of Hope by Martin Elsant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 782

Post by Rachel Kubus »

Have you watched the show now that it is out? I have watched the show up to date, but I am debating reading the books. Are they similar or are the books better?
Rachael S 1 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 17:04 I am crazy excited about this!!! I have been reading and re-reading this series for 15+ years. I picked up the first book when I was 15 and will continue to go back to the series. The trailers look amazing! While I am sad that it took this long to come out, I am excited because of where technology is and the effects should be amazing!
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

I have seen the show, but I haven't read the book. Hoping to read it sometime soon.
Olaoluwa Ruth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ru-thie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Olaoluwa Ruth »

I just finished the first season and this is the first I'm hearing of the book series. I'm excited to read all 15 of them.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I really really want to read these books. We have seen some of the tv show and I can not wait to watch more.

Return to “Films and Books”