IT by Stephen King

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

IT by Stephen King

Post by Chirlerona »

Who has seen the new movie IT Chapter II? I am so mesmerized and horrified by the book, that I am reluctant to watch the movie, but curious at the same time.
Stephen King is one of my favourite authors and IT is the best book by him, in my opinion.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I haven't watched it. I'm not really fond of horror stuff, but I still can't help but be curious about it.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Haven't seen the 2nd chapter yet (I'm not inclined to spend 3 hours in a movie theater) but the 1st one was pretty good. Although honestly, I don't think it was as scary as the mini series. However, my husband thought it was pretty scary and he's usually pretty hard to scare (and I am pretty easy)

But I really want to see the new one, I love Bill Hader and I heard he was amazing in it!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Kaarlamb92
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kaarlamb92 »

It is the third time I read it, and we are talking about a 1500 page book. But at no time does it get heavy, the plot never decays, it is really admirable the way King wrote this book, it is tremendously absorbing, you can not stop reading, also having short chapters becomes very enjoyable. It is a horror story, but above all it is a story of friendship, and of childhood and its magic. I have read it throughout my life with very different ages and at all times it gave me the same sensations, it made me travel to my childhood and share the games with 'losers' for a while. I think it goes without saying that it is one of my favorite books. Highly recommended. Of those books that when closed leave a tremendous void
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

Am I the only one who actually had a crush on Pennywise?
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

Pennywise is a legendary character in the horror movies genre. IT is a very good 'in a terrifying way' horror film.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

The movie IT is one of the few movies that made me scared of clowns so bad.
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Jonté Joy »

I saw both parts 1 & 2 (loved them!) but never read the book. I've considered it but wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it as much.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

This movie ruined clowns for me when I first saw it. Even though the remake was well done, it can never compare to the original as seen by an unexpecting, younger audience.

Return to “Films and Books”