Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Re: Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Post by Kayla Archer »

My favorite older Disney cartoon was Robin Hood. We watched that over and over again.
As a mom, I really do not like the live actor movies. I believe they portray adults as idiots and kids as intelligent and extremely disrespectful. That is not how I want my children to act, so we avoid those movies. But the cartoons are still on the table.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I love Disney movies. I like them because they are a way in which children can indirectly approach classic books, besides the stories are beautiful. I wouldn't know what my favorite movie is, but I prefer animated movies to live action movies.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Ye I was when I was a kid. My priorities kinda changed with age.
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

I am not a big fan of Disney mkvies. I can however, watch it once in a while
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 18:53 For me, I absolutely LOVE Disney movies! Some of the new remakes are okay, but I feel that some of them should never have existed. I am a fan of old and animated Disney movies.

My favorite old-time movie is Beauty and the Beast. I love how Belle was able to see through the obvious faults in the Beast and love him regardless. I feel that true love works exactly like this in real-life relationships. If you can't accept and work through the faults in your significant other, then there is no true love in that relationship.

Aladdin is my favorite live-action Disney remake. I was worried that Will Smith would destroy Robin William's charm in the remake, but I feel that he added onto Robin's character! Will Smith himself even posted on social media that he had large shoes to fill and that he wanted to make Robin proud. I can say that Will did an excellent job making Robin proud and the music that he sang in Aladdin was catchy!
I do not really love Disney movies because many of them have twisted origins. You can not believe how twisted they are.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Agatha Bushguy wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 02:33
Oh my gosh, I know! I recall something about Peter Pan and Cinderella mentioning murder in the original stories. I think Disney wanted to make them less horrifying for kids, if I had to take a guess.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I am a HUGE Disney fan and probably still know most of the words of the movies 🤣
There are a whole lot of new animations that are great like Frozen, but I feel the older ones will always hold my heart! I will never be too old for Disney
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

I absolutely love Disney films. Even now as an adult I still love to watch them. The remakes are alright but you can't beat the original animated ones, they are simply timeless. My favourite animated Disney film has to be Mulan. She epitomizes female strength, determination, courage and independence and that is what Disney heroines are all about. Yes, they fall in love and get married but they do it their way.
Le-nic Pretorius
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

Not really. I like the old Disney movies better than the new ones. I have kids so guess I will have to learn to like it. 🤣
Allyana
Currently Reading: Kaylie's Forgotten Birthday- children's book
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Allyana »

Yes I love Disney movies. The detail that Disney movies have in them are so amazing!
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I wouldn't say that I am a big fan, but I do like watching Disney movies.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

I used to adore Disney as a child. Remakes were their only means of redemption as they grew older because they lacked creativity. The majority of these remakes are now bad, and they kind of spoil my youth.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 18:53 For me, I absolutely LOVE Disney movies! Some of the new remakes are okay, but I feel that some of them should never have existed. I am a fan of old and animated Disney movies.

My favorite old-time movie is Beauty and the Beast. I love how Belle was able to see through the obvious faults in the Beast and love him regardless. I feel that true love works exactly like this in real-life relationships. If you can't accept and work through the faults in your significant other, then there is no true love in that relationship.

Aladdin is my favorite live-action Disney remake. I was worried that Will Smith would destroy Robin William's charm in the remake, but I feel that he added onto Robin's character! Will Smith himself even posted on social media that he had large shoes to fill and that he wanted to make Robin proud. I can say that Will did an excellent job making Robin proud and the music that he sang in Aladdin was catchy!
For sure! I grew up watching most of the Disney Classics, such as Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin etc. They taught me morals and shaped the way I viewed society for the better part of my life. I think Disney is still nailing it with new releases like Frozen and Encanto and I'm really happy for those whose childhood these movies will become part of.
Charlotte Marie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlotte-marie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Charlotte Marie »

Yes, the biggest fan. I don't think I'll stop being a fan anytime soon because watching Disney movies always reminds me of my childhood.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I have always loved Disney movies since I was kid because of the manner I easily relate with the stories. Another factor is Disney movies always give you a feeling of satisfaction at the end because there is seldom a sad ending.

Return to “Films and Books”