Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Anna Gabriela Contreras
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Earthships, book 2 by Bonnie Jane Hall

Re: Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Post by Anna Gabriela Contreras »

I love Disney's animations as I grew up watching them. I have a hard time enjoying the live-actions but I do understand why they keep making them.
Shannon Saldin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-saldin.html
Latest Review: The House of Spark by Luminita Laflash

Post by Shannon Saldin »

I absolutely love Disney movies. I grew up with them and have most of the old school ones memorized. Lion King and Aladdin have always been my favorite, along with Sleeping Beauty (my daughter's middle name is Aurora) and Nightmare Before Christmas (I have a giant Nightmare tattoo on my right shoulder). I have just always been a fairy tale lover, so watching them on the screen is a thrill for me.
I am not a huge fan of the live action remakes, but a couple of them aren't terrible. I definitely like the old movies better (most likely just for nostalgic reasons), but Tangled was a renaissance for Disney. It changed the game, and they've made a few gems in the recent years.
I am not a fan of the money grub Disneyland parks are at the moment, but I will forever be a huge Disney fan.
GorgeousRen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gorgeousren.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by GorgeousRen »

I am a big fan of Disney movies. I absolutely enjoy it. I enjoy it because it's always lovely and sweet and thrilling to watch.
Maranda Nichols
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maranda Nichols »

I live for Disney movies. They were a big part of my childhood and helped teach some life lessons. I still hold quotes from “Winnie the Pooh,” “Lion King” and other popular titles close to me.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I was a big Disney fan when I was growimg up. Currently, I'm not because I do not like the remakes. They should get more original scripts.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

My favourite one was Toy Story, also I came bit disappointed as the saga continued. If going to the “originals” (as no Pixar) maybe The Beauty and The Beast.
Some of the new ones are really good as well. I feel Luca is so underrated for example.
Brooklyn Stout
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooklyn-stout.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Brooklyn Stout »

I was never a big fan of disney moves because i felt as though they were very depressing. I like princess ones and the storylines were always quite captivating. I just don’t think it was for me personally.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

I love Disney animated movies. Since small I watch Disney movies, I grow up watching the movies. Even now I watch Disney movies if there is any new release.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Yes, I love Disney movies. My favorite is The Lion King as the music gets me every single time. When I lived abroad for a while I missed my home in South Africa so much, and would listen to the Circle of Life and cry my eyes out! I also really enjoy Tarzan. The musical score is also fantastic. "You'll be in my heart always..." Phil Collins. I cry every single time.
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-katherine.html
Latest Review: True Teryn by S.G. Blaise

Post by Melissa Katherine »

I love Disney movies! I'm more a fan of the classic animated movies. I haven't seen all of the new movies. I grew up watching Disney movies and Disney channel. I had a younger sister, and my mom babysat for many years, so I grew up having to watch younger content for a long time. It was always a treat when we would go to the dollar movie theater to see new movies, usually Disney movies. I just love the stories and especially the music. I was one of the adults who was super excited and went to see the new sequels in theaters, like Finding Dory and the Incredibles 2. I have a Disney playlist on Spotify. This is my happy music. It brings me back to happier times, before all the problems that come with being an adult. I am always up for watching a Disney movie. My all-time favorites are Mulan and Lilo & Stitch.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

I used to love disney movies so much but now i barely evbe watcg them as my tastes have changed slightly but i plan on picking them back up soon.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Kelly Tunstall wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 08:46 Yes, I love Disney movies. My favorite is The Lion King as the music gets me every single time. When I lived abroad for a while I missed my home in South Africa so much, and would listen to the Circle of Life and cry my eyes out! I also really enjoy Tarzan. The musical score is also fantastic. "You'll be in my heart always..." Phil Collins. I cry every single time.
Ah yes the lion king takes me back home too especially when i listen to the music, it was so beautifully made.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Carlos Mata Saenz wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 12:29 My favourite one was Toy Story, also I came bit disappointed as the saga continued. If going to the “originals” (as no Pixar) maybe The Beauty and The Beast.
Some of the new ones are really good as well. I feel Luca is so underrated for example.
I still can’t believe i never got the chance to watch the toy story, i’ve always been so curious abiut them, perhaps i should pick it up lol.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Zaynnie wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 08:53 I love Disney movies but I'm not really into the remakes. I just feel the remakes should never have been made. Disney movies have lessons embedded in them, in Moana i learnt to always face fear head on, because if she had stayed in her comfort zone she wouldn't have discovered all she did.
Moana yessss, it was so inspiring and eye catching at the same time, disney really needs to make more of it.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Valeria Rotaru wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 05:07 Ye I was when I was a kid. My priorities kinda changed with age.
This is the actual same thing that happened to me but i kind of miss watching disney movies if i’m being honest.

Return to “Films and Books”