Thoughts on Disney+

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Thoughts on Disney+

Post by habsfan212 »

It's a pretty good streaming service. The mandalorian is clearly my favourite show. Best Star wars for me since Rogue one.

I think it's a good thing. It's never a bad thing for consumers when there's competition. Just switching streaming services every few months to keep the bill low for me!
Emma_1920
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emma_1920 »

1. My favorite Disney+ show has to be Boy Meets World.

2. To be honest, I love Disney, but I believe that the streaming platform needs more shows and movies because it is lacking a little in all the good shows. For example: where is The Suite Life of Zack and Cody? Or the shows that made Disney my childhood. And the movies? The DCOM’s? Only selected few, but if Disney wants to be bigger and better than all the other online streaming service, then they have to step up their game. But this is all my opinion.
meszarosxo

Post by meszarosxo »

1.) My favorite Disney+ show is Wizards of Waverly Place. It was so awesome to go back and watch it again!!
2.) I love it. I agree with the whole argument of now people have to purchase another streaming service. But as a huge Disney lover there is even more Disney this way.
I am a college student, my friends and I do a lot of movie nights so this does wonders. We’ve even started shows together to take breaks but spend time together.
NatRose
Currently Reading: The Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natrose.html
Latest Review: Who Was That Masked Kid by Dan Neiser

Post by NatRose »

1. I never saw most Disney movies and shows growing up, so my boyfriend has been introducing me to some good ones that I missed. I think what I'll like most though I haven't watched them yet are The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars.
2. I don't think it's really a bad thing but I do think as big of a company as Disney is the release could have gone a lot better. The app was pretty unfinished, crashing a lot, and still doesn't work at all on my phone (not because it's old but because it's not one of the major brands).
Sarah Morse
Currently Reading: The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-morse.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sarah Morse »

1. I also loved Hannah Montana when I was younger. I watched it and Jonas a lot in my teens. But I also love some of the series Disney+ has been introducing, especially The Imagineering Story and Pixar in Real Life. I’d highly recommend both of these.
2. I was so excited about Disney+ when it first came out. (My family got it on the very first day.) I was a little frustrated with the service in its beginning stages when it didn’t have a “Continue Watching” feature. I also didn’t like how a lot of the cartoon series’ episodes were out of order. I think it’s gotten better overall though, and I’m so excited about the programs they are continuing to add.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." – Walt Disney
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I’m still contemplating on whether to use the service and I think I probably won’t.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I absolutely love that I can now binge watch Gravity Falls easily. Also the knew series' they are making there are so exciting. I don't think there really is a downfall from the app.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

1. I was excited about Lizzie McGuire on Disney+. Although it seems like the show won't be on there anymore due to it not being family-friendly, or something like that. This is disappointing. I hope another network picks it up and then we can all enjoy it.
2. I think it's a good idea. Disney is keeping up with the streaming era and I can't wait to see what other shows they release on there. I am waiting for Loki. 8)
Abigail Klinkerman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-klinkerman.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Abigail Klinkerman »

I am obsessed with Disney+. I preordered it 3 months before it even came out..
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

I love it! It’s amazing to have all my favourite films in one place. One thing that annoys me is that some of the newer releases take a while to make it onto the service which can be frustrating.
lauren02

Post by lauren02 »

Disney+ is AMAZING!!!!! It has a lot of classic Disney movies and TV shows!!
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

I love everything Disney, but I have mixed feelings on Disney+

1. My favorite show in Disney+ is Andi Mack, but there are only a few episodes in the platform, so that's not nice
2. I think it's great that it has plenty of shows but I don't like that there are now just LOADS of different streaming platforms
Also, people are already paying for a subscription but then they also have the premier access for certain movies. I think that's unnecessary
Tia22
Currently Reading: Nadira
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tia22.html
Latest Review: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence by Jennie Linnane

Post by Tia22 »

I absolutely love Disney+. It has old classics that I grew up with, shows for my toddler, shows for my older child, and shows we can all watch together as a family. Typically whenever I plan a movie night with my family, we turn to Disney+ to find something to watch. It is 100% worth the money I spend on it. It is hard for me to pick a favorite show, but I like to watch my old favorites like Sonny with a Chance and Hannah Montana. I know I am super excited to try Loki that is coming out. If I have to pick one favorite, it would be Lilo & Stitch. My toddler typically watched the tv more than me, so my most watched shows are Mickey Mouse and Puppy Dog Pals. The only downside I have with Disney+ is there new concept of Premier Access. I never do it. It is not worth it. You pay $20-$30 for a movie that will be free to stream in a couple of months, or plain cheaper to buy in store soon.
Jordan Cane
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-cane.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Jordan Cane »

1. WandVision was amazing, but Loki may be taking my number one spot. LOVE Tom Hiddleston!
2. I think it's an incredible platform and, at its current price, a STEAL. I just hope the price stays the same!
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I love Disney+! It brings back so many memories from my childhood.
A blast from the my childhood was to see the tv series Gargoyles I would watch that show every week!
The next was a gut hit for me and my mom when we seen the newly added shows to see the show my grandmother(who is passed) loved to watch which was Dinosaurs! With the baby Dino that always says “I’m the baby, gotta love me!”
The only thing I don’t like is when they put on a new movie but you have to pay for the premier access. We already pay a monthly fee there shouldn’t be another fee because you want to release a new movie early.

Return to “Films and Books”