Thoughts on Disney+

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Re: Thoughts on Disney+

Post by Black Jewel »

I am on the fence about Disney making yet more money from their stuff. They already make a ton from what they've stored in their 'vault' and charging 50+ to buy it while it's in storage. I get it that they need to make money, but I'm beginning to feel like they're going too far, considering they're now buying up nearly the rights to every single thing.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I love Disney+, and it's becoming one of my favorites for new content. My list of favorites includes the Mandalorian, Wandavision, Loki, and pretty much anything they produce. It has definitely proven to be a good thing: it's been about 18 months since this post, and Disney+ has emerged as one of the top producers of original content. They continue the stories of major franchises and they have all the classic content. I was skeptical 18 months ago, but now it's one of my favorite platforms.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Its ok

I don`t really watch it that much.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I am so thrilled with Disney +. So many of my childhood favorites are on there and now I can share those with my young daughter. They have quite a selection and it’s not just the new stuff that today’s generation is use to. They have Air Bud on there which is my greatest childhood memory.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I absolutely love Disney+ but the only thing that made me upset was Mickey Mouse’s house of mouse is not on there. I was so excited to play that for my kids because they love Mickey Mouse.
ArcticFire301
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ArcticFire301 »

The max volume on my phone with headphones is too low, not paying until that is fixed
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I love it, more because of having STAR included. Just with Disney (including Marvel and Star Wars) would be enough for me, but it has so many films and series.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

It's sad to say, but Disney has declined, but I think I'm fine. It's hard for me to decide what's best with things like this sometimes, and I guess I just don't mind.

Return to “Films and Books”