Gravity Falls Anyone?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Re: Gravity Falls Anyone?

Post by cookiedough »

Lady-of-Literature wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 17:28
cookiedough wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 22:08 I have a heard a lot about this show, but what is it about? I am on the fence on if I should find old episodes of this show or stick with something new.
Oh, allow me to convince you! Gravity falls is a 2 season Disney show about twins, Dipper and Mabel, spending the summer with their Great Uncle (or Grunkle) Stan in a town called Gravity Falls, Oregon. The pair spend their time working in their Grunkle's tour guide shack scamming people and other fun summer stuff. Dipper is your classic mystery lover and thinker, he quickly realizes how odd the town is as he and his sister the big-hearted twin who falls in love with the wrong people and loves glitter.

While out in the woods, Dipper comes across an advanced hiding spot. Inside a journal with a six-fingered hand mark detailing the mysteries of the town including an unnamed evil. As the saying goes, "Remember, in Gravity Falls, there's no one you can trust."

I really love this show. Just this evening I watched one of my favorite episodes with my dad. I recommend it to anyone who loves mystery and modern humor. If it helps, my friend and I live by the 5 ep. rule. If you're not into it by then, then it's not your thing. But give it 5 ep. first to win you over.
Well I am convinced! Who doesn't love glitter and humor? Thank you for the explanation, I will have to go find the episodes now.
NerdyAsh677
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdyash677.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by NerdyAsh677 »

Honestly i love gravity falls sinoly because it has a lot of questions during the whole series...
The excitement comes when you are able to answer these questions....
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

I didn't watch the entire series but I did get a few episodes in. If only I have the time, I'd definitely watch it all over again completely. You can really tell that it's one of the really good shows that are underrated.
robdany
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by robdany »

I really plan to watch again soon! It was amazing !
BBally81

Post by BBally81 »

It was such a great show, it's kind of like a 80s family film with how kids can enjoy it while also having really dark elements within the stories.
roundcubesixteen

Post by roundcubesixteen »

As Gravity Falls has not been renewed for a third season by Disney, there is no official release date for its premiere. Whilst highly unlikely at this point, if the series was picked up again by Disney then we would expect season 3 to premiere at some point in late-2021
roundcubesixteen

Post by roundcubesixteen »

It is revealed in one of the episodes that Dipper has a crush on Wendy. While he knows in his heart that he will never really be Wendy's boyfriend, that does not stop him from doing everything in his power to please her. In another episode it is revealed that he likes bubblegum pop music.
elwishthree

Post by elwishthree »

Will there be a season 3 of Gravity Falls? At the time of writing, Gravity Falls has not been renewed for a third season by Disney and the series will likely never return.Sep 23, 2020
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

Great show! I remember when it first got announced on Disney Channel and I was suoer excited to see it. I've always loved mistery so it seemed perfect. When it came out it didn't disappoint and I just wish they would have made more seasons. There were still so many things they could have done.
airboneone

Post by airboneone »

Will there be a season 3 of Gravity Falls? At the time of writing, Gravity Falls has not been renewed for a third season by Disney and the series will likely never return.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Such an amazing show. It's a shame it only ran for 2 seasons but I love that it came in, did its thing, and then brought itself to a conclusion without overstaying its welcome. Very nice for a comfort watch

Return to “Films and Books”