GONE Series Movie Adaptation

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
VioletMoonshade
Favorite Author: Michael Grant
Favorite Book: The School for Good and Evil
Currently Reading: The Modern Guide to Witchcraft
Bookshelf Size: 42
fav_author_id: 6407

Icon GONE Series Movie Adaptation

Post by VioletMoonshade »

In 2008, GONE, one of the best books I’ve ever read, was released. I read it a few months ago (along with the rest of the series) and I fell in love immediately. It’s an incredible series, and it would do really well in a movie adaptation. It’s been asked about many times, but the author, Michael Grant, still hasn’t given enough information about the state of this. Have you read the series? What are your thoughts? :eusa-think:
clarc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by clarc »

I've only read the first book so far and I'm actually obsessed there needs to be a movie or tv series for these books omg
VioletMoonshade

clarc wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 21:57 I've only read the first book so far and I'm actually obsessed there needs to be a movie or tv series for these books omg
Right?! I was the same, even with just the first book I was shocked that there wasn’t a movie yet. When I finished the series, I was so sad because there’s no movie (yet...). I actually plan to reread the series soon!
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I loved the series (though strangely, none of Grant's other books) and I'd love to see it done on screen. Though I guess there are concepts like this that are already shows which I'm not a fan of, so I'd hope there's a spectacular director who can translate what I loved about the books into the show!
VioletMoonshade

Yeah, I agree! There’s a show on Netflix that’s basically a complete copy of it, but it’s portrayed so much worse. Seeing GONE on the screen, though, would blow the other ones out of the water!
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

I would love to see movies of the series. However, I would be concerned if it became a TV show because, I don't know if it's just me or not, but I tend to notice they change a lot of details when they make books into TV shows. Not that they don't change anything when they make movies -- obviously they do -- I just tend to notice a lot more changes in TV shows and sometimes it's not for the better.
VioletMoonshade

Yeah, I agree. I’d honestly prefer they make an 8-hour long movie than leaving out important details, but considering how much time, money and effort that would require, it seems we’ll have to stick with less-than-okay movies/shows.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

Yeah. I wish they would make six movies, though. Whenever they turn books into a TV show, they have to add unnecessary things to it and some things that they add are okay, other times it can get pretty ridiculous. But they have to add more things to keep the TV show on as long as they can, whereas with movies, you get six and you're done. There's no trying to renew for another season. Yeah, details will be omitted, but I think it's better than having bad details put in.
VioletMoonshade

Exactly! Our thoughts are very similar! :)
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I love the series, but I feel like an important part of it was how realistically gruesome it was. I wouldn't like to actually physically see any of it, like carnivores worms or chipping hands out of concrete.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I would prefer a TV series. With movies, you have to leave many things out to keep the watchers interesting. I would be happy with a 10 hour movie, but I doubt that would happen.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I think it sucked a lot. The CGI was good, and some of the characters were okay, but everything else is just absolutely terrible—very terrible.

Return to “Films and Books”