Ready or Not (2019 horror comedy)

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Ready or Not (2019 horror comedy)

Post by Gravy »

Anybody seen this?

I'm a horror junky. Like, to the point where I will way overthink literally everything, but I enjoy it, so whatever.

Anyway, this is an awesome movie. I need to watch it so many more times.

I want to know what others thoughts about it are?!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

I don't know If this makes me seem like a bad person but I laughed in the ending scenes where the family dies. I mean technically that was their fault for not upholding their deal with the devil but I just found it extremely funny.
Side note: since the girl married into the family and the rest of the family is dead now does that mean she inherits everything, like the property and the money...
Share your thoughts on this.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

PRECIOUSreads wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 14:28 I don't know If this makes me seem like a bad person but I laughed in the ending scenes where the family dies. I mean technically that was their fault for not upholding their deal with the devil but I just found it extremely funny.
Side note: since the girl married into the family and the rest of the family is dead now does that mean she inherits everything, like the property and the money...
I kind of figure she does.

BUT!

Does she also inherit the curse?

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

PRECIOUSreads wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 14:28 I don't know If this makes me seem like a bad person but I laughed in the ending scenes where the family dies. I mean technically that was their fault for not upholding their deal with the devil but I just found it extremely funny.

Also, it sounds like you and I have similar senses of humor. :lol:

PRECIOUSreads

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Gravy wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 22:03
I kind of figure she does.

BUT!

Does she also inherit the curse?
Well when she sees him in the chair I figured the look he gave her was a congratulatory one : as in the "you won my game" kind of look. If she inherits the curse I don't think she will participate anyway because of what she experienced in the game.
PRECIOUSreads

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

:D :D :D
Gravy wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 22:04

Also, it sounds like you and I have similar senses of humor. :lol:
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I've seen it and generally enjoyed it. The movie didn't particularly stand out to me, but I definitely didn't dislike it either. I do recall feeling so much sympathy for the main protagonist the entire time, especially when her to-be-husband turned on her in the end.
SMAhmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smahmed.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by SMAhmed »

I loved it! It was a fun ride from beginning to end and I'd recommend it to any fan who likes horror or dark comedy. It does lean more towards dark comedy though. The main character is charming and likable while the family is a complete mess (I mean that in the best way) and incredibly entertaining. The effects are well done, the setting is creepy without being too skin crawl worthy, and the action is quick-paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Bookgirl91
Favorite Author: Gregory Maguire
Currently Reading: Kill Creek
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3091

Post by Bookgirl91 »

I was the same with the ending scenes, they made me laugh so much. I also couldn't stop laughing at Wynonna Earp not being able to use a gun. Love Melanie Scrofano.

Relating to the inheritance, I assume she does, as long as she's not seen as a suspect. Although I guess with her injuries and the bodies in the Goat Shed would help back up her story. Although, if the money was from a deal with the devil...would it still be there now the deal is broken?
PRECIOUSreads

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

SMAhmed wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 14:15 I loved it! It was a fun ride from beginning to end and I'd recommend it to any fan who likes horror or dark comedy. It does lean more towards dark comedy though. The main character is charming and likable while the family is a complete mess (I mean that in the best way) and incredibly entertaining. The effects are well done, the setting is creepy without being too skin crawl worthy, and the action is quick-paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Well said. I totally agree.
PRECIOUSreads

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Bookgirl91 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:52
I was the same with the ending scenes, they made me laugh so much. I also couldn't stop laughing at Wynonna Earp not being able to use a gun. Love Melanie Scrofano.

Relating to the inheritance, I assume she does, as long as she's not seen as a suspect. Although I guess with her injuries and the bodies in the Goat Shed would help back up her story. Although, if the money was from a deal with the devil...would it still be there now the deal is broken?
All great questions in my opinion. I do hope she gets a happy ending out of all this.
PRECIOUSreads

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Bookgirl91 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:52

All great questions in my opinion. I do hope she gets a happy ending out of all this.
Savannah M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannah-m.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Savannah M »

Watched it with my family and we think we should have a tradition like them but remove the gore and creepy part.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

I loved this gem of a movie. Such a refreshing film. Imagine if the dawn breaks and nothing happened to them. That must have been awkward not just during that moment, but also to their ancestors that uphold that belief for generations.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

I really cannot understand this movie. I watched this with my sister and we were expecting to have our hearts racing but we found ourselves laughing at some scenes. Well, now that I am thinking about it, I can say that it really is funny. I can't forget the last part where everyone dies 😂
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val

Return to “Films and Books”