A Percy Jackson adaptation is finally coming!

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

A Percy Jackson adaptation is finally coming!

Post by Julie-p »

Is anyone else exited for the new series that is coming? Apparently Rick Riordan is involved in the writing process of the script. I really hope the book finally gets the adaptation it deserves. Do you think it this series has a good future ahead? I am really looking forward to see if The Heroes of Olympus is getting adapted as well.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I'm so excited! I found out about it because Chris McCarrell, The Lightning Thief Musical Percy, read the entirety of the Lightning Thief. As long as they do what Rick Riordan recommends, I have no doubt it'll be good. I'm so ready for the five series' and I really hope they also to Heroes of Olympus if it turns out good.
KaraSkinner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karaskinner.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by KaraSkinner »

I'm so excited for a Percy Jackson adaptation. I'm really hoping Disney does it right even though they can't make it worse than those movies. It's about time Percy Jackson gets a good adaptation and honestly, I'm going to probably want to read the books again after seeing Disney's adaptation.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

There's another? Well, I hope it turns one well.
Bri C
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-c.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov

Post by Bri C »

Riordan has said that he'll be involved in-person in every aspect of the show, so I actually have pretty great confidence that this will turn out well. Plus, I think Disney is specifically aiming to hit the market of readers who detested the film adaption. That alone would bring in a decent audience, plus if it's a stand-alone show, it should add greatly to the value of their service. So far, nearly everything 'important' except the baby Yoda show is old stuff, and for Disney fanatics who already owned what they loved, it's not amazing value long-term.

This was actually something I did my capstone on; original content is king for consumer choices regarding streaming services. Disney can't rely 100% on their brand and vault longterm. If they don't start making quality original content regularly, D+ will flop.
Sarah Morse
Currently Reading: The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-morse.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sarah Morse »

I’m so excited!! I fangirled so hard after I found out, and I was already freaking out over the news that Hamilton was coming to Disney+. Rick Riordan is my all-time favorite author, and I’m so relieved that he will be involved in the series-making process. I have faith that he will do right by his fans.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." – Walt Disney
CupofJoie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cupofjoie.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by CupofJoie »

I heard that Rick Riordan is going to overlook the series, so I hope it goes well!

It’s about time that they give justice to that lovely series ❤️
BookandCatLover1998
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BookandCatLover1998 »

Dude, I'm not a teenager anymore and learning about this makes me SO excited!! Thank you for sharing!
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

This is going to be so good! Lets hope its what we all expect and more.
Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by Amesthenerd »

I’m excited but also, I’m trying not to get TOO excited. I remember when I went to see the first movie, when I was in like 6th or 7th grade. It was a big deal, a Saturday field trip. We got a discount on snacks and everything. The movie turned out to be such a disappointment that I didn’t even try to watch the next book. I totally want to watch the new series but also, I really don’t want to get excited because what if they do bad again?
mossy7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mossy7 »

I am so happy about this, but a bit nervous after seeing how disney has slaughtered Artemis Fowl. Hopefully Rick will be a lot more involved and we'll end up with an adaptation like Harry Potter :)
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

Hoping to watch it other than Disney+ ! I don't have the money to pay for a subscription. I'm really excited to watch it!!
Vumana16
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vumana16.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Vumana16 »

I'm soooo excited about this!!!! I love Percy Jackson so much and I always feel like I want to revisit the story but rereading the books takes some time and the movies suck so I'm really happy to have this. I hope it's at least decent.
“Even if you’ve always been that

Barely-in-the-background kind of guy

You still matter.”
Dear Evan Hansen
Val Emmich
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

If Riodan is involved then it should be really good. I did not know they were doing this and now I’m really excited!
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I'm very excited about the new adaptation of Percy Jackson, but at the same time I'm prepared to accept it if it's not as good. I wanted something more attached to the books, but I hope that this new saga is good enough for them to continue it.

Return to “Films and Books”