The Hobbit Trilogy: GOOD or NOT?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: The Hobbit Trilogy: GOOD or NOT?

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Grace Bela wrote: 15 May 2020, 17:47 For a bit of background, I've always been a big fan of both Tolkien and fantasy movies. So when I heard about the Hobbit movies coming out, I was so excited. While the trilogy is blatantly untrue to the book, I honestly still loved it. Which I know is a VERY unpopular opinion. Seeing characters of one of my favorite books come to life was such an amazing experience. Martin Freeman was a wonderful choice for Bilbo and I was in awe of watching Smaug on the big screen. Even though it wasn't always what you would expect from the book and added a lot of material, I really like the trilogy's plot. What do you guys think about the movies versus the books? Did you enjoy the movies or think that they're not that great?
:tiphat:
I loved the Hobbit. It was an amazing movie as far as i am concerned. I have always wondered about the hobits and how they lived their lives.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

The Hobbit trilogy is one of my favourite movies. Love how the movie is visually stunning. One of the best fantasy movies.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I think it sucked. The CGI was weird, and some of the characters were okay, but everything else is just dragged out and unnecessary. It shouldn't have been 3 movies.
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

Yes, it's an excellent trilogy. Much better than the series that Amazon tried to make (and failed miserably). The problem with those who don't like it is that they compare it to Peter Jackson's trilogy, and that's "cowardice."

Return to “Films and Books”