What make you liking horror movies?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

What make you liking horror movies?

Post by Tonze »

Watching movies is one of my hobbies I like action movies and romantic one but sometimes I prefers horror movies and when I watch horror movie I feel like nothing can skare me anyhow it turns that I rewatch the same movie again and again.
How about you?
Riyaanana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Riyaanana »

By watching horror movies it kinda give me chills and enjoyment at the same time. What makes me like watching it is that it’s thrilling and exciting you will not know what will pop up on your screen.
ValeriaU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeriau.html
Latest Review: Alibi Island by SLMN

Post by ValeriaU »

I really like the feeling of being scared for some reason, it seems fun. But I usually watch scary movies to laugh at them, since most of them are terrible.
Latest Review: Alibi Island by SLMN
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

One that I remember was Alien. I was probably about seven years old and I had made some lemonade. I sat down to continue with the film, sitting with a blanket wrapped around me, holding my lemonade. Just when the alien was spitting out some milky lemonade type fluid, my older stepbrother came by and laughed and laughed. My mom had been a secretary in another city and she had long legs and I was born in 1973, which was the year the horse Secretariat won the Triple Crown which must make my brother, who is part Finnish-American related to the Godolphin Arabian (that god awful laughing finnish arabian). Now this makes sense. I don't think he realized that this was bad and not at all funny. He's a boy and like Good Charlotte sings, "Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny". He was not treating the whole situation anywhere near as seriously as he should have been. One of my relatives was a veterinarian and this creature was apparently in a bad situation, plus the poor woman, plus one of my uncles had real-live medical connections and he had ears that stuck out like the guy who does dental work on the Abominable Snowman in "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and one of my dads looked like David the Gnome. Plus, we had a lamppost in the front yard (a rarity in our town) - kids were probably trying to get into Narnia and I had blond hair like the little girl from Poltergeist. What will the children think if he runs about town, laughing away at sweet little girls, probably stuck trying to not be grossed out by the supposed synchronicity of this occurrence. People have expectation of professionals. I'm not sure if that was before or after he was scared of the vampire boy in Salem's Lot. On the other hand, he is a lot of fun. He played the fake blob from the sci-fi movie, wrapping a blanket around us children and he can be serious when he needs to.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Adu Boahene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adu-boahene.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Adu Boahene »

I guess I like the jump scares, and me screaming my lungs out at ignorant characters, telling them not to go there and everything even though they won't hear or see me. I also like the fact that the ending mostly differs and I'm haunted for life yet cautious. You'd never know when the monster is gonna jump you or they can be hiding under human skin. In all, it's just the thrill of seeing people use others as their personal abattoir. :D
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

I rarely watch horror movies but when i do, it is for the adrenaline rush.
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

I love horror movies! I feel that I’ve adapted to the fear part of them because I’ve seen so many horror movies. I like the plot (for most of them. There are some truly terrible horror movies out there). The adrenaline rush doesn’t hurt either!
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I like that they have the right blend of plot and excitement.
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Jonté Joy »

I'm not sure what changed for me with them. My older cousins used to always put them on when I was really young, and they would scare me half to death to the point where I was petrified of the dark and had to sleep in my parent's room. Then one day, I'm a teenager, and boom - no longer scared of them and only want to watch them! Horror movies are the only movies I watch now and care to watch when looking for something.
human reader

Post by human reader »

I like the fantastical aspect. Horror focused on real life generally isn't for me. Unless it's so far away from the norm that it feels like a fantasy.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I enjoy horror movies more when I'm with other people than when I'm alone. If I'm alone I don't like to watch the same movie I've already seen, but if I'm with friends, it's even more entertaining.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

To be honest, I think that people who watch horror movies are kind psychotic. I am so glad I am not part of this list.
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

Honestly, I really don't enjoy watching horror movies but if I'm in the company of someone who loves watching it, we could watch for fun.
Myshi0705

Post by Myshi0705 »

Watching horror movies somehow makes me feel relax especially when watching alone and then watch the same movie with friends and watch them scream and squirm is quite fun lol.
Ilagha Success
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilagha-success.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Ilagha Success »

I actually love watching movies, i don't mind watching through out the day cos it's one of my hobbies, horror movies on the other hand gives me this anxiety feelings and i love feeling that way when watching horror movies.

Return to “Films and Books”