The Thirteenth Floor and Simulacron-3

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

The Thirteenth Floor and Simulacron-3

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Has anyone ever read the book the movie "The Thirteenth Floor" was based on? The book apparently is Simulacron-3 and it was written by Daniel F. Galouye. Also, there was supposed to be a German movie/two-part television series called "World on a Wire" - has anyone seen that?
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
sfettke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sfettke.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by sfettke »

I did not realize it was based on a book! I haven't seen that movie in ages. How does the book compare?
Bigwig1973

Post by Bigwig1973 »

sfettke wrote: I did not realize it was based on a book! I haven't seen that movie in ages. How does the book compare?
I don't know! I've only seen the movie which was recommended to me years ago. It's very cool so I was wondering about the book and the television series.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

I would recommend World On A Wire. The Thirteenth Floor is more romantic, but World On A Wire succeeds in being thought provoking. Haven't read the book but I may get to it some day.
Bigwig1973

Post by Bigwig1973 »

human reader wrote: I would recommend World On A Wire. The Thirteenth Floor is more romantic, but World On A Wire succeeds in being thought provoking. Haven't read the book but I may get to it some day.
I watched the trailer and it seems quite interesting! Thank you for the recommendation!

human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Bigwig1973 wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 15:35
human reader wrote: I would recommend World On A Wire. The Thirteenth Floor is more romantic, but World On A Wire succeeds in being thought provoking. Haven't read the book but I may get to it some day.
I watched the trailer and it seems quite interesting! Thank you for the recommendation!
You're welcome! I'd like to hear your thoughts if you ever check it out. 8)

Return to “Films and Books”