Bridgerton?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Bibi Farheen K
Currently Reading: Lore of Light Volume 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibi-farheen-k.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Bridgerton?

Post by Bibi Farheen K »

The show is great! It was hard to me to move on to another series when I finished Bridgerton. Eventually, I looked for the books and finished 4 of them. The first book is quite different from the serial adaptation. Each have their own charms. But the books are definitely worth a read!
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I didn't even know it was a book series. I am shocked to say the least but then again amazing movies usually start off as books. I loved the series so I am sure the books are amazing.
Inks and Quills
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inks-and-quills.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Inks and Quills »

The books are historical romance that are pretty explicit but do have a decent plot at the same time. A few in the series won romance awards, if you like the genre you’ll probably enjoy!
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

I've never heard of the book but I've heard of the movie though I haven't watched it. I just hope it's worth the hype
Keysman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Keysman »

The wife made me watch it... hahaha, not really, but yeah I watched it because of her.

I am trying my best to NOT spoil things here, but you are warned that there is some information below... not complete spoilers I would say, but still ..............

I gotta say the Daphne and Simon story was SO cringy to me, the whole premise of him avoiding having a child in THAT way, buddy, if that was a good contraception method there would be sharply less births every year... smh ... BELIEVE ME, that will NOT avoid a pregnancy... given time it will happen.

Anyway, I saw the whole season because at the time the wife was sick and I was with her, accompanying her trying to make her feel better so we watched it from our bed, cozy, during the winter. The second season just came up and she wanted to watch it, so we did this last weekend... I would say it's an improvement, and main character lady this season is a gorgeous strong woman which I applaud of the cast selection. I am loving more poc being casted in main roles and this lady did such a good job... again the premise was a little cringy to me... it seems too simple to you know, just accept one's feelings... but I guess there wouldn't be much of a show if they would not have some trouble there... beautifully done too.

If you like period pieces (like my wife certainly does) you will enjoy it
Cece Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cece-maina.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Cece Maina »

Let me just say this series took me for a roller-coaster! I enjoyed both seasons, but I preferred Season 2 because of the slow-burn romance! Kate and Antony :D
Olaoluwa Ruth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ru-thie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Olaoluwa Ruth »

I love the books! They were a great read. I discovered them after watching the first season.
Julia Quinn is a literary genius!
I have to commend the screenwriter for sticking close to the original story. Season 2 had more modifications but I'm excited to see how the rest of the movie series plays out.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I love the books and the series differently. The books focuses on one sibling per book while the series gives you insight on their lives even though it has nothing to do with the books.
josephinemmarsh
Currently Reading: Dutch Girl
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by josephinemmarsh »

buzy4books wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 18:25 Just started watching this on Netflix. Literally, I just saw episode-one yesterday. I have no opinion on the show yet. I will need to watch a few more episodes to see if I'm hooked. My friends are into it. Anyway, I didn't know it was a book series but I imagine it would make for interesting reading!
The show definitely sucks you in! Its so easy to binge watch too which makes it quite a dangerous show. I have yet to read the books but I do have the digital version of the first one. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the Duke and Daphne together so I think ill have a hard time getting into the book
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I haven't read the book, but I feel like the series wasn't worth watching I saw seasons 1 and 2 of the series and, to be honest, it didn't get any better.
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Jonté Joy »

Oh wow, I didn't know it was a book series either! That's exciting because now I have a new series to read when I'm looking for something new. But I truly enjoyed the Netflix show; I saw they are in the process of filming Season 3. Maybe I'll start the books so I can be aligned with Season 3 when it comes out. :D
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I haven't read the books. But seeing the show made me want to read every one of the novels!
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

What? I did not know that Brigherton was initially a book. I watched the series and it was very fascinating. I really enjoyed it. I would also want to read the book. Thank you for the letting me know it was a book.
hugsforkoo
Favorite Book: The Scottish Boy
Currently Reading: Death on the Nile
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by hugsforkoo »

I have never read the books nor am i planning to but the second season was so so good. I mainly watched kanthony's relationship and fast forwarded the rest lol and I did not watch the first season at all. I do want to watch the third one when it comes out though because nicola coughlan is LOVE
Malthide Jones
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

The series is magnificent. I don't know how good compared to the books vause I haven't readvthem. They are awesome tho

Return to “Films and Books”