Zack Snyder's Justice League

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Post by Wesusa »

I think this may be my favorite superhero movie ever- at least equivalent to the Dark Knight. I personally thought this movie was amazing. I've been a lifelong DC fan, and while I think that Marvel is great, there's something about DC's stories and characters I've always favored. This movie was what I consider to be a masterpiece. Despite the contention surrounding BvS and MoS, I have good memories associated with them and I don't think they are necessarily bad- people just really misunderstood them. I always thought Zack did not know the characters- never realizing the characters and traits he changed were to service the story. They were not intended to fundamentally change the character- instead create a story where theses characters are sporadically different and the journey it takes for them to become the icons they were in the comics. What were your thoughts on the film? Did you enjoy it as much as I did?
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I felt it was better than Snyder's previous DC movies, but honestly not a masterpiece or anything. It held my attention and was watchable, the characters were decent and the action was solid, but it definitely could have been trimmed to 3 hours without any significant losses. The epilogue was also very strange and tacked-on since it had nothing to do with the rest of the movie, it would have been better as a special feature included somewhere to be watched separately
Groot02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Groot02 »

my fav super hero and i love dc's movies
smythemilie
Currently Reading: The Operator
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smythemilie.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by smythemilie »

I definitely thought his cut made way more sense. So much of the original release made no sense whatsoever. But having all the little scenes added in made it so much more enjoyable. I won't watch it any other way now.
Smythemilie
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

It was definitely an upgrade. I enjoyed watching Snyder's cut more
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

This was definitely one of the best Zack Snyder movies ever. Everything about it is great. In the DC universe its almost as good as The Dark Knight.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

The only thing that I can say about Justice League is that I am a big fan, especially the Flash. I feel like Ezra Miller is perfect for this character. Although I am more of a marvel universe fan, with justice league the DC universe didn't let me down.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I think it sucked. The CGI was good, and some of the characters were okay, but everything else is not well done. I wish it was better; we deserved better.
Zanne Crystle
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Zanne Crystle »

Synder's cut was way better than the original. It was one of his better movies; the movies he has put out recently... not so much.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Unit 52 by Warren Barrow

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

An improvement over the original cut. It was lengthy but gave more context and depth to the characters.

Return to “Films and Books”