Anyone else watch Asian series/movies?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Re: Anyone else watch Asian series/movies?

Post by Sarah Zain »

human reader wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 11:58 Hotel Del Luna is great if you like IU or just enjoy quality shows in general.

IU is great i love her but not in Hotel Del luna. She was great in Moon lovers it was one of my favorite series, great but sad i cried alot.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Sarah Zain wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 08:38
human reader wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 11:58 Hotel Del Luna is great if you like IU or just enjoy quality shows in general.

IU is great i love her but not in Hotel Del luna. She was great in Moon lovers it was one of my favorite series, great but sad i cried alot.
Haven't seen Moon Lovers yet. Looks really cute from the Say Yes MV though. That's one of my fav Kdrama OST songs without even seeing the show itself.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

human reader wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 10:38

Haven't seen Moon Lovers yet. Looks really cute from the Say Yes MV though. That's one of my fav Kdrama OST songs without even seeing the show itself.

It's great, I advise you to watch it, but prepare a lot of tissues, as I was sad for a week after it ended, to get out of his state of mind . The OST is a world by itself,very very good
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Sarah Zain wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 11:36
human reader wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 10:38

It's great, I advise you to watch it, but prepare a lot of tissues, as I was sad for a week after it ended, to get out of his state of mind . The OST is a world by itself,very very good
Thanks for the recommendation. It's for sure on my list to check out sometime. I'll be prepared for some serious emotions.
Omolara Sherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Omolara Sherry »

Eternal love of dream is an historical fantasy romance. I couldn't get enough of it. The plot of an endless and pre destined love, even in different lifetimes was mind blowing, also the chemistry between the ML and FL was off the charts. I strongly recommend this Chinese drama to other hopeless romantics. The ending is also well deserving.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

I love the comments here and I cant wait to start checking this movies out one by one
hana_0143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-0143.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by hana_0143 »

I mainly watch jdramas now! Asiancrush and Rakuten Viki are both just focused on Asian dramas, so you can find Japanese, Korean, and Chinese dramas on there. Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo and An Incurable Case of Love are my current favorites!
Melbie Bie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melbie-bie.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Melbie Bie »

Go Go squid(C-drama)
Partan (Indian movie)
KinnPorsche (Thai drama)
My little list.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

I really like them. Here in Kenya, they mostly bring to us their tv series translated into the english language. Most of them are the Soap Operas. Thalmost all involve relationships and love.
gahomegirl
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Chief Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by gahomegirl »

:lol: I know this isn't a drama, but I used to watch the Asian cartoon, Speed Racer as a child. It was funny how the mouths and the words never quite matched up.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

Oh how I love asian dramas, most especially Kdramas though but at times Cdramas too, they way they portray love is just perfect, I would love to give some kdrama recommendations.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

For kdrama there’s Tale of the nine tailed, Doctor stranger, Strangers from hell, uncanny counter and more.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

For more of romance though perhaps a Weightlifting fairy, Dr romantic, Legend of the blue sea, Oh my venus, I could go on and on and on.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Some comedy kdramas though are Welcome to waikiki, Cafe minandang and Mr queen.
BHUMIKA D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumika-d.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by BHUMIKA D »

Kristy Khem wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 20:56 I love Asian dramas too! I watch mostly Korean and Chinese romance dramas. I was motivated to move to China because of my interest in the culture there! I haven't seen the ones you enjoyed, but I'll look them up. I'll list my favorite ones below. Most of the Chinese dramas feature my favorite actress (Dilraba Dilmurat) so if you watch any of the C dramas on my list, she'll be in it [LOL].

1. Goblin (K-drama)
2. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, also known as Eternal Love (C-drama)
3. Pretty Li Huizhen (C-drama)
4. The King's Woman (C-drama)
5. Cinderella and Four Knights (K-drama)
6. Cinderella Chef (C-drama)
7. Hotel Del Luna (K-drama)
8. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (K-drama)
I have watched Goblin, Hotel Del Luna, and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. And I loved them. Thanks for the list - I will watch the others you have mentioned.

Return to “Films and Books”