Iconic Moments In Film

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Iconic Moments In Film

Post by Jordan Abio »

The scene in Breaking Bad where Walter tells Skyler about what he's capable of is iconic. He clearly states that he is someone to be feared and has no intention of being a victim.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Baahubali and Devasena's arrow fight scene from Baahubali: The Conclusion is an epic scene for me.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

For me it is,"I'm the king of the world!" - from "Titanic" (1997). Where Leonardo DiCaprio's character stands on the bow of the Titanic and spreads his arms, has become an enduring symbol of romance and adventure.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Sheen Jenny »

The scene in Sense8 when they were all singing along to what's up by 4 non blondes. 8 different individuals from different part of the world, connecting to one song. It was powerful. Gave me goosebumps.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Nancy004 »

The final scene in 'The Godfather' where Michael Corleone executes his enemies during his child's baptism is an iconic moment in cinema. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, this sequence brilliantly captures the conflict between power and family within the Corleone saga. The juxtaposition of the solemn baptism and the brutal violence is both compelling and haunting. It showcases Michael's transformation from a reluctant participant in the family business to a ruthless leader. This visually striking scene delves into themes of loyalty, revenge, and the tragic consequences of pursuing power. Its impact on audiences remains timeless, making it a memorable and significant moment in film history.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

The "I am your father" revelation in "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" remains an iconic cinematic moment. It transcends the screen, leaving an indelible mark on pop culture and storytelling.
BakerPie
Currently Reading: Water for Elephants
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakerpie.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Post by BakerPie »

I am unsure if anyone here has seen the new Wonka movie but this one hit the nostalgia part of my brain hard. The most emotionally triggering part was when Wonka finally sang "Pure Imagination". The musical aspects of this movie were, in my opinion, the most memorable and fun parts of the film.
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

The recent Wonka was excellent. Timothy singing Pure Imagination was simply beautiful. I feel like that movie won me over as a fan of him more than any other.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Unit 52 by Warren Barrow

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Iconic moments in film are plentiful, but the "I'm king of the world!" scene from "Titanic" stands out. Leonardo DiCaprio's delivery and the grandeur of the moment became a cultural touchstone, epitomizing the epic romance of the film.

Return to “Films and Books”