Squid Game

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Brooklyn Stout
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooklyn-stout.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Re: Squid Game

Post by Brooklyn Stout »

This has got to be one of the best shows i’ve ever seen. I wish there was more we could see right now and i love how different it is! We don’t see many things like this that’s for sure.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I thoroughly enjoyed Squid Games and am rewatching it as we speak! I think the concept has been done in other movies, but this take on it was very entertaining. The violence aspect is a bit overkill, but I suppose that is the shock factor. I knew the old man was a significant part of the story, simply because he featured in ways the others didn't. I'm looking forward to the second series.
Prabhjot Kaur 0207

Post by Prabhjot Kaur 0207 »

According to me this movie actually described the critical life conditions of a million of people in world where they have to suffer everyday and have to gain their daily goal in order to live whether it’s di or die situation. They always have to choose fight rather than running away from that situation. Similarly, in the movie the characters were from different areas who all were in need of money for varied reasons which put their lives in danger. I really liked the concept of the movie the way it showed every single move and created suspense in every scene and aroused curiosity in my mind to know that who will survive the task an who will win afterall. It was fun watching watching the movie but I really wish that a new season must come for squid game as it was something different from others. So, hoping and waiting for something good soon….😇
Melbie Bie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melbie-bie.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Melbie Bie »

I really can't wait for season 2. Squid game was my movie of the year, the year it was released.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

I really liked the series. After I watched the first season, it was very fascinating. At first a heard about its hype and I thought it was just like these other series that are over rated but it was not. It was good for real.
Fester John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fester-john.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Fester John »

The movie is a mind blowing and the best for critical thinkers so it's the best and I rate it high
Danny Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-anderson.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Danny Anderson »

Squid Game is a good series, but I like all the Korean romantic drama series more.
Shing Araya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Shing Araya »

Almost everyone talks about the Squid game, but I honestly did not watch because I have no intentions to watch nor I was interested in knowing the story.

However, I would agree that it's a great piece as it had millions in revenue.
human reader

Post by human reader »

Squid Game has awesome moments, but I have to agree the romantic Kdramas are my personal preference. Shows like Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha and Hotel Del Luna are what I consider the best of Korean series. However, I am curious about Squid Game season 2. I hope it turns out great.
cassafrass

Post by cassafrass »

The series Squid Game is phenomenal, and I can't wait for the second season. The art style and gruesome backstory are something out of the ordinary. Overall, I recommend watching the show.
Catherine Radford
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-radford.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Catherine Radford »

cassafrass wrote: 18 Aug 2023, 16:05 The series Squid Game is phenomenal, and I can't wait for the second season. The art style and gruesome backstory are something out of the ordinary. Overall, I recommend watching the show.
I hope the second season does not disappoint - it’s a series that could easily be one and done. No follow up, no need to try and improve it. Just leave it as close to perfect as it is.
Stella Ugwu
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-ugwu.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Stella Ugwu »

I've literally watched the first season of Squid Game, and I can't wait for the next season. The movie's plot was totally out of the box. This is a great movie to complement drama or mystery-seeking audiences.

BookAddikt
Favorite Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Currently Reading: The Law of Unintended Consequences
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by BookAddikt »

Oh i loved it too!
Made me go make some hokeypokey
I dont remember catching on about the twist
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 155%

Post by Runan »

Brilliant series on the whole. I caught it pretty early as well. I felt scared at the turn of events. When the game was called off with the majority of votes. I heaved a sigh of relief. But then people were so upset with their life outside the squid game that they felt that their life isn't as precious as they felt it was in the game. A lot of them return to the game. It was sad to see rich people just sit and enjoy the game sitting while real people are getting killed. How merciless can they be? I was at the edge of the seat throughout the series.
Runan
Gee-Q Mdluli
Currently Reading: Adventures of Uncle Billy and Ross
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee-q-mdluli.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Gee-Q Mdluli »

I enjoyed Squid Game. It kind of reminded me of Escape Room with the same deadly games motif ー(☆∀☆)/”

Return to “Films and Books”