A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

What did you think of this book... :techie-reference:
Feel free to rant...
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

A Little Life was honestly such a difficult book for me to get through due to the triggers; in fact, I couldn't even get myself to finish it. As someone who felt strongly for the characters though, I felt obligated to read as much as I could even when I was having anxiety attacks while reading it. The prose is amazing, and the story is extremely important. I wouldn't say that it's a book for everyone--it definitely wasn't for me--but it's one of those books which have really touched my heart.
Aeesha Bashir
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aeesha.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Aeesha Bashir »

Oh my goodness! This book was... A lot. It was so intense, I needed breaks. I genuinely felt sad and horrible reading it. It's the only book about mental illess that I've read that seemed so realistic. The character development is absolutely beyond anything I've ever read. JB's arrogance, Jude's trauma, Malcolm's sensitivity and Willem's understanding. It's a tearjerker for sure.
Aeesha :techie-studyinggray:
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Absolutely hated it. This was really strange because it had been recommended to me by someone who closely shared my taste in books.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Films and Books”