Thor Love And Thunder

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
perdana303
Bookshelf Size: 0

Thor Love And Thunder

Post by perdana303 »

For Marvel fans, have you watched Thor Love And Thunder? Do you think the film is that interesting?
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

Watched it the very first day and I have mixed reactions to it. While it was definitely better than Multiverse of Madness, it couldn't live up to the standards of Ragnarok. Would have loved to see more of Bale's Gorr. The climax also felt rushed. Still, not the worst Thor movie by any means!
human reader

Post by human reader »

It was an enjoyable movie with a better villain that most Marvel films.
DavidB52

Post by DavidB52 »

I did watch it.

But it didn't stand out as anything special.
It seems like Hollywood writers are running out of ideas.
There were a few funny moments; Thor movies always have some humour in them.
But the movie opened up a whole bunch of new scenarios.
e.g., Where were all these other gods when Thanos was threatening the universe?
Is life in Valhalla going to be a whole new storyline for upcoming Marvel movies?
The multiverse, alone, already made things overly complicated.
etc. etc.

The Marvel universe is becoming like a mixed up soap opera and it's getting hard to keep track of things. And with anything possible in the Multiverse, the requirement to write a plausible story no longer exists. Writers can write whatever fantasy they want; they are no longer bound to write a realistic story. It's become all about thrills and special effects. I'm really getting bored with how everything coming out of Hollywood today feels like it's following the exact same formula.
Thankgod otaru 1

Post by Thankgod otaru 1 »

The movie gives 'there is more to what we've known 'vibe cause of the new characters and unexpected events in the movie,so I think we should hold on and expect more thrilling movie from the marvel studios 🎥📽️🎞️🎬💯🧘
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

Not yet, but can't wait to see it😊
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Sadly, I was disappointed with the movie. The goats were the only ones that made the movie fun for me.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

perdana303 wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 21:05 For Marvel fans, have you watched Thor Love And Thunder? Do you think the film is that interesting?
Hmm. Honestly, was a bit disappointed with this. Since Ragnarok making Thor into such a comedic character was so successful, I feel like Takai tried to play into that comedy for this movie, but while in Ragnarok, the comedy was appopriate and didn't feel like it was taking away from the main plot, it felt too over-the-top for this one. The comedy just felt like it was there for the sake of comedy and I feel like I missed the point of the movie. There were a lot of things that I felt could have been explored more like Gorr vs Thor and it definitely felt like a movie full of missed opportunity and poor taste in humour.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

I didn’t like it. The story was ok and the characters were fine, but they tried to do way too many jokes. Sure, some of them were good, but a lot of them simply weren’t funny and made the movie unpleasant to watch.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Why Are We Here? by Naveed Bari

Post by Mayang Bature »

DavidB52 wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 16:26 I did watch it.

But it didn't stand out as anything special.
It seems like Hollywood writers are running out of ideas.
There were a few funny moments; Thor movies always have some humour in them.
But the movie opened up a whole bunch of new scenarios.
e.g., Where were all these other gods when Thanos was threatening the universe?
Is life in Valhalla going to be a whole new storyline for upcoming Marvel movies?
The multiverse, alone, already made things overly complicated.
etc. etc.

The Marvel universe is becoming like a mixed up soap opera and it's getting hard to keep track of things. And with anything possible in the Multiverse, the requirement to write a plausible story no longer exists. Writers can write whatever fantasy they want; they are no longer bound to write a realistic story. It's become all about thrills and special effects. I'm really getting bored with how everything coming out of Hollywood today feels like it's following the exact same formula.

You and I both agree. It's sad how many special effects and pointless jokes there are in the newest movies and television series. Their products are not only uninteresting, but also annoying due to the multiverse idea they now use. The creators of modern films and television programs seem to have little knowledge of the classics, as seen by the clichéd narratives they create and their unconvincing justification that there are an infinite number of possibilities in the multiverse..
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

It sucks; there's nothing good about it; the CGI, story, characters, villain, pacing, and jokes all suck. It's just a bad movie. Absolutely terrible movie.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I really liked the movie. Although, a lot of people found fault in the movie which I was unable to detect maybe because I'm not a die hard fan of Marvel movies.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I was somewhat disappointed when the story about the villain differed from the comic because, in my opinion, the climax in the comic was better.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Films and Books”