House of Dragons

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

House of Dragons

Post by TusharJoshi »

Game of Thrones had a bittersweet ending and left fans with mixed emotions. Now the trailer for 'House of Dragons' is here. What do you expect from the new series? Will it live up to its expectations?
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

The series might benefit from lowered expectations following the controversial eighth season of Thrones. I really don't know how good it will be, but I'll probably give it a chance.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

human reader wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:19 The series might benefit from lowered expectations following the controversial eighth season of Thrones. I really don't know how good it will be, but I'll probably give it a chance.
I agree. The underwhelming ending of GOT will definitely have an impact on the series. It would be great if it would match the level of the first few GOT seasons.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

TusharJoshi wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 06:28
human reader wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:19 The series might benefit from lowered expectations following the controversial eighth season of Thrones. I really don't know how good it will be, but I'll probably give it a chance.
I agree. The underwhelming ending of GOT will definitely have an impact on the series. It would be great if it would match the level of the first few GOT seasons.
I think it will have the spectacle of later GOT, especially with the dragons, and I'm hoping the great writing and world building like early GOT. HBO knows this is their flagship franchise so let's hope they do it justice.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

I can't wait to see it, but it will be difficult for this spin-off to be as good as GoT. If the same directors and producers were involved I would be more hopeful.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I don't think it make too much of an impression. I mean let's be honest, it could never compete with the Game of Thrones.
Demilade_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demilade-001.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by Demilade_001 »

I've been seeing people hyping this movie here and then but I'm sceptical about watching it. I'm not sure if it would be as good as game of thrones. I really hope it's better than GOT though, I don't really like the way they ended GOT
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I just watched the whole season and I'm beyond amazed. Loved every detail and I hope they don't ruin it in the next seasons.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I just watched it and it was exceptional. It lived up to the hype and was very amazing.

Return to “Films and Books”