Do you think Twilight series has the best film adaptation?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rinkal21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Do you think Twilight series has the best film adaptation?

Post by Rinkal21 »

I am a bbiiiigg fan of the Twilight series. The way the powers are presented in the film is far better than described in the book. The concept of looking at a Vampire in form of the human body has amazed me. Tell me what you think of the same. Did you like the book or the film of both?
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Sadly, I haven't read the books yet, but for the period of time when the movie came, I can say that I cannot imagine any other movie adaptation made for these books. Also, I agree with the fact that they did a great job with the powers.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I think the movies are much better than the books. When I read the books I imagined the characters in a certain way and when I saw the movies... well, I liked how the characters look in the movies much more.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I think it's a bit overrated. Like there are so many much better movie adaptions of bestseller book trilogies. Even Hunger Games is one of them.
Myshi0705

Post by Myshi0705 »

I like the book compared to the film adaptation. The film was quite good though a lot of good scenes was not shown in it.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

For me I don't think so. As much as it has a faithful adherance to it's source book, it has weak performances melodramatic tone and the lack or originality is also seen in the movies.
Jolien Engelen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolien-engelen.html
Latest Review: Dylan McLeod-Vexor City by J. B. Christensen

Post by Jolien Engelen »

I first saw the movies before I read the book. I have watched the movies like 12 times or so :D . Those movies are still one of my favourite. But then I bought the books and I discovered that the books have a lot of scenes that are not displayed in the movies. And those scenes were truly amazing!! :techie-reference: For example, a scene that I find way better than the film, is when Bella wakes up as a vampire. In the book, it's so much more powerful! I don't say the powers weren't breathtaking in the movies but the books just made the picture complete. I don't know how else to say it. So I think the books were better, but the movies were also incredible!
Joseph Jose Nj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Joseph Jose Nj »

Honestly I found the twilight book boring The characters were static and very annoying to read, the plot in all four books could be described in one short sentence, the writing was shoddy, and it didn't convey a good message (no, "I would become a vampire for the guy I just met" and "always date crazy-obsessive people" doesn't count.).and so I didn’t watch the movie
Kaylyn_Marie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Eater of Gods
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylyn-marie.html
Latest Review: H.O.E Hustle Over Everything by Samantha Camel
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Kaylyn_Marie »

Absolutely not. I read all of the books and I personally think they cast Edward incorrectly and made Bella super dull and boring. In the book, I felt like she had more life to her and was more bubbly and outgoing. Edward was simply too weird and tense and I didn't get that vibe at all in the book. With those two expectations, I think everyone else was cast properly. The overall plot of the books was in the movie but it did veer off track sometimes and lost me. Overall I liked the books better than the movies.
~The Tatted Reader :reading-3:
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Zanne Crystle »

Both the book and the movie weren't that great to me, but the acting in the movie was next-level cringe.
Monika Holzknecht
Currently Reading:

Post by Monika Holzknecht »

I liked books and movies as well, but I just do not like Kristen Steward in generall, so it is gard for me to like her here too. I definitely did not find her good enough for Edward, but that probably was the point:) other than that the movies are great and other characters are compelling. I watch them every few years to get a bit of romance in my life.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by João Ramos »

I couldn't agree more. I at least can understand why the films are so successful. The books, for me, continue to be an enigma.
Angus Zonny
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angus-zonny.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Angus Zonny »

No, I don't think it has the best movie adaptation. I think Harry Potter has the best movie adaptation.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Unit 52 by Warren Barrow

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

I don't think it's the best adaptation. While the films were popular, they lacked some of the depth and nuance of the books.
Nita Kapadia

Post by Nita Kapadia »

Hello,
I would not say the best, but ofcourse, one of the best that I have ever seen.
I think that the casting wascone of the main reasons that made it so good!
The actors just lived out the characters-not an easy task because this was a fantasy.
I loved the romance in it too.

Return to “Films and Books”