Discovery of Witches series adaptation

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
j_bookworm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Discovery of Witches series adaptation

Post by j_bookworm »

Hello all! I might be a little late to the game, but I am currently reading book 2 of the All Souls series for the first time. Deborah Harkness’s academic background in history reaps a beautifully told series immersed in historical references. An eloquently told forbidden love story that ultimately reveals deep-rooted corruption within the society of creatures is the best read I’ve come across in a while. The books are masterpieces, although the AMC series adaptation (specifically season 1), in my opinion, has fallen woefully short. I’d like to hear your views on how this show has accurately or inaccurately portrayed this beloved trilogy. Should I give the show another try? :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Discovery of witches was okay. I did not hate it, but I did not love it too much. Yeah, you should give it another try if you have time on your hand.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

I loved it so much, but it might be because I have not read the books. I loved it to smithereens, will certainly give the book a try.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

You are correct. I enjoyed the books so much. However, the movies was a masterclass. The acting, directing, and production were top notch.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The series is dope. I haven't read the book but the plot build up in the series is mind-blowing.

Return to “Films and Books”