What was your first anime?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Re: What was your first anime?

Post by Sheen Jenny »

My first Anime was Bleach, I liked it so much that I started watching animes
Crystal Beauparland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crystal-beauparland.html
Latest Review: Thin Places by Diane Owens Prettyman

Post by Crystal Beauparland »

Bleach was my first ever anime. I came across it accidentally and I fell in love with it. I watched every season and I was sad when it ended and ecstatic when they brought it back. I binged the new season and am patiently awaiting season 2. I love Ichigo. All of the characters are great, but my favorite captain is hands down Hitsugaya.
Ahmed EL habashy

Post by Ahmed EL habashy »

My first anime was dragonball Z. Still one of my favourite till now
Kirana Lin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kirana Lin »

I think it was either Fushigi Yuugi or Naruto. I don't remember much from my childhood days to be honest, but those two were pretty memorable. I remember treasuring their DVDs a lot.
Joseph Jose Nj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Joseph Jose Nj »

My initial venture into the world of anime began with the exhilarating journey of My Hero Academia, and I must admit, it left an indelible impact on me. The electrifying action and captivating storyline had me hooked from the start, fueling my enthusiasm for adrenaline-fueled narratives. However, as my anime exploration continued, I stumbled upon a gem that resonated with a different part of my soul. Your Name, with its gentle and tender approach, wove a heartfelt tale that touched the depths of my emotions. It awakened a newfound appreciation for the softer, sweeter side of anime, reminding me that there is beauty in subtlety and romance in simplicity. While I still cherish the occasional thrill of action-packed anime, my heart now yearns for the delicate melodies and poignant narratives that softly whisper their way into my soul.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

My first anime was The Death Note. one of my online friends suggested it. I never watched one before and watching it for the first was amazing. Then I came to know it's pretty popular as well. It was a nice experience.
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
hugsforkoo
Favorite Book: The Scottish Boy
Currently Reading: Death on the Nile
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by hugsforkoo »

As a kid I used to watch dubbed versions of Shinchan and Doraemon but my first proper anime was probably Pretty Rhythm which was about these idols who would do these magical jumps that were so pretty
Maria9DP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria9dp.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Maria9DP »

I am not 100% sure because there were several anime shows and movies being broadcasted in my country when I was little, but I believe my first anime was Pokemon in 2000.
Stacy Locke
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-locke.html
Latest Review: Why God Allows Evil and Suffering by Sine Nomine

Post by Stacy Locke »

My first anime was The Seven Deadly Sins and it changed my viewpoint on animes going forward as I had only heard negative things about people who watch them in the past. I only got into anime a couple years ago after a friend kept telling me it was worth watching. Now I’ve moved up to One Piece.
nam_ratha_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by nam_ratha_ »

My first anime was "Rurouni Kenshin" in 2013. Its about a man who becomes a wanderer after and before he was called as the "Battousai - The Manslayer". As the name suggests, he slaughters the evil people who are working against the government which is moving towards the Meiji Era.

A Must Watch Anime.
Malthide Jones
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

My first Anime was Naruto. The greates one in my opinion. I will never forget it. So inspiring and interesting.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Certainly! The reviewer's exceptional work truly resonated with me, and I plan to include this review in my collection. The reviewer's excellent job has impressed me, prompting me to place this review on my bookshelf.
Franky boy

Post by Franky boy »

My first anime was one piece.its totally awesome and ome of the best anime i have ever watched.its just woooow.the life of the pirates is on a whole other level.6
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

The first anime I watched was Bleach. I was very young so reading subtitles was hard for me, as you can imagine I didn't understand very much.
Nitin_Mehra
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nitin_Mehra »

Death Note

Return to “Films and Books”