Dumbledore's betrayal of Harry Potter :A villian or a hero?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Omolara Sherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Dumbledore's betrayal of Harry Potter :A villian or a hero?

Post by Omolara Sherry »

The difference between the Harry Potter novel and the movie is very vast. I read the last piece of Harry Potter and the half-blood prince lastweek and still reeling from the difference between the movie and the novel.

In the concluding chapters of Harry Potter and the half-blood prince.Dumbledore was revealed to be the Master villain. Infact instigating every action of you -know -who, with his misguided and deranged philosophy of solving the problems between the muggles and wizards.

Would this have been the best plot for the movie? Dumbledore being the villian against his being a hero?
BHUMI D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumi-d.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by BHUMI D »

I don't see Dumbledore a a villian. There are some things that needs to be done in the way it's done. I definitely agree he could have handled it better in many ways - but I still would not call him the villian. Maybe its my culture influence and the stories I have heard - that I feel like - ya, even if this is not the right way to do it or not something I want to do - it is something I must do for the greater good. I am not a fan of Dumbledore, especially after they spoiled it in the movies for me - but I think I understand why he made those choices. He was not perfect so I can forgive him for not handling it better. Maybe if he did not do those actions - things would have turned for worse than how it ended.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Return to “Films and Books”