What movies or TV series do you wish had been a book first?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Re: What movies or TV series do you wish had been a book first?

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Two shows that I wish had been books first areQueen Sugar and How to get away with murder.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

Dont get me wrong, i do know that Game of Thrones is book and was adapted later but what I do wanna say is that I wish all the books have been published and then the series had been released. so that we could read the books too. cause the series ending was trash.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

I have never really thought of this. I have no idea right now but i would definitely go for a thriller.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

The A-list! i think it wouldbve worked out well as a book. especially since some of the scenes felt weird acted out, and so was the dialouge. but if it was a book it wouldnt feel as forced. but thats just my opinion
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

The book adaptation of Stranger Things, one of my all-time favorite Netflix series, is something I'm not sure about yet. However, I've never had the opportunity to browse a real copy of the book. I wish it had been published as a book first so that I could fully experience and appreciate the magnitude of its plot first before the many.
Gift Senkosi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Gift Senkosi »

The series "True Story" it will have been a great book because it's more realistic and more likely to be reality
Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekanem-onyinye-uduak-abasi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi »

VinuW wrote: 13 Dec 2015, 00:19 I really wish Once Upon A Time was a book.
Actually, I do wish that too. I loved the series, if I could also read it too, that would have been great
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Gravy wrote: 03 Dec 2015, 01:10 The title kind of says it all. A lot of us have books we'd like to see turned into movies, and sometimes movies/TV series get turned into books (Doctor Who or Star Trek, anyone?), but what movie or TV series do you wish had been a book first?

For me I'd probably list Avatar, and Inception...though I'm sure I'll think of more :D
For me, I feel if [Ninty Minutes at Entebbe] was to be a book, it would have been the best book that highlighted the tyranny and torments of citizens under a bad ruler as seen in Uganda under Idi Amin. The movie was powerful and a clear narrator of the plights of children and the innocent. Child soldiering is not an act of humanity.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross

Return to “Films and Books”