ShadowHunters: Books, Movie or Series?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
asrb_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Icon ShadowHunters: Books, Movie or Series?

Post by asrb_ »

For me, it's the books and the series. I honestly didn't enjoy the movie, i love the cast don't get me wrong (each author individually), but I didn't feel like they were the right ones for each role. Magnus is my favorite character of all times and it was disappointing to see how they didn't do him justice in the movie. The series, on the other hand, I think was more in line with the adaptation in terms of the choice of cast and each of the episodes. But I would like to know what you think, which one/s do you choose?
Fester John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fester-john.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Fester John »

I watched this movie way back in 2020 but gause what...from episode one till end I didn't understand anything LOL
Joseph Jose Nj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Joseph Jose Nj »

I think the book series is better
hugsforkoo
Favorite Book: The Scottish Boy
Currently Reading: Death on the Nile
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by hugsforkoo »

For me it's just the books. the series and the movies never really do justice to the image I have in mind of certain scenes when I am reading
Jeanine B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeanine B »

Definitely the books go first. The series has some good aspects, like the characters of Magnus and Alec, but I honestly didn't enjoy them. The movie was good, but just that.
Malthide Jones
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

I saw the series and the characters were brought to life in a magnificent way. I would say that the series are my favorite.

Return to “Films and Books”