Books Being Adapted: News, Rumors, and Upcoming

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jay_Kewi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Books Being Adapted: News, Rumors, and Upcoming

Post by Jay_Kewi »

There are rumors floating around that The Selection series is being adapted into a movie. I hope it's true. I love it.

-- 12 Mar 2016, 10:55 --

There are rumors floating around that The Selection series is being adapted into a movie. I hope it's true. I love it.
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter books being developed for TV/movie franchise. See here: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book/dh-tv-movie-news/

:D :shock: :shock: could be good or :o
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

I've learned that there has been talk of making a mini-series from William Knoedelseder's book, Bitter Brew: The Rise and Fall of Anheuser-Busch and America's Kings of Beer.

I worked at this brewery as a young man during the time many of the events of the book transpired, and was in a somewhat unique position to hear a lot of juicy stories about what was going on in the background of the company and the family who controlled the business. Many of these stories are in the book. There is included the story of a legendary painting which was commissioned by one of the past founders of the company which described the massacre of General Custer and his men. Once I was sent to Legal to drop something off and this very painting was hung in the hall. I could have reached out and touched it. Of course at that time I had no idea of the rest of this painting's story. I even had some exposure to a few of the people described in this book who I recognized immediately when I was reading.

All I can say is that if they DO make a mini-series of this book it will be a blockbuster. The book reads more like a novel than a nonfictional account of the Bush dynasty and the awesome wealth and power it controlled.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

Matched by Ally Condie
Fallen by Lauren Kate
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Just saw the trailer for High rise, based on the book of the same title by J. G. Ballard.
Looks very interesting, and has quite a cast :)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
wckedly_
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wckedly.html

Post by wckedly_ »

Well from what I've heard:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling (November 2016)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (September 30, 2016)

There's also rumours/news on movie adaptations on:

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Elizabeth Banks as director)
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (Starring Elle Fanning)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I've seen the trailer for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, it's directed by Tim Burton and looks amazing! Asa Butterfield plays Jacob :)

=============================

I just saw a trailer for the new adaptation of Ben Hur, with Jack Huston and Morgan Freeman, and thought I'd share.
-- 02 May 2016, 22:53 --

I saw the trailer for Girl on the Train, and it looks really interesting!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I am really looking forward to seeing The Selection by Kiera Cass and Fallen by Lauren Kate turned into movies.
I do hope they translate well into movies, but very few can be successful at making the cut.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
ArsenicCookies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 292">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arseniccookies.html
Latest Review: "Just a Few Inches" by Tara St. Pierre

Post by ArsenicCookies »

I was hoping that this thread existed! So far I know that they are doing The BFG, Nerve, The Girl on the Train, A Monster Calls, Inferno, Fantastic Beasts, and Miss Peregrines home for Peculiar Children.

My goal is to read all of the books before I see the movies :)
Latest Review: "Just a Few Inches" by Tara St. Pierre
isapetrera
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isapetrera.html

Post by isapetrera »

Not sure of a release date, but the cast list for the TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman's American Gods was revealed recently and I was very pleased with it!
AutumnPhillips
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by AutumnPhillips »

In the past few years, SO MANY adaptations of classic horror have been made... and they're still going! With movie version "reboots", and (especially shameful) TV version so-called (I say so-called because they pretty much ignore the source material and just do whatever they want with the characters) prequels and sequels... I do know about 2 still upcoming projects, both TV show adaptations: a TV show "based on" The Exorcist, and a TV show "based on" American Psycho. "The Exorcist" is for certain, but they've been trying to pull things together for an "American Psycho" TV show for a while now.
HaleM13
Currently Reading: The Thousand Names
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halem13.html

Post by HaleM13 »

I saw just two days ago that Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is finally making progress! This was one of my favorite books in high school. Selena Gomez bought the rights a long time ago and finally we are making progress. The book's official Facebook updated saying that the leads have been cast (Dylan Minnette as Clay and newcomer Katherine Langford as Hannah). The book is being made into a thirteen-episode show on Netflix. Others have been cast, but it seems we will actually be getting something. I think it is so fitting that they are making thirteen episodes. One dedicated to each reason/person/side of the tape. I am so excited!
Bookaholic_Anonymous
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic-anonymous.html

Post by Bookaholic_Anonymous »

The Fallen series by Lauren Kate

The first movie has already been filmed, edited, etc. It's been almost two years since they wrapped up production yet fans have yet to see even a teaser trailer. There has been some screen grab leaks from the movie though. Really hoping that the movie will actually be released.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

I really hope Fallen is released.
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I just recently finished rereading The Girl on the Train, it's such an excellent thriller! I hope it gets made into a movie. I seriously can't wait!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Films and Books”