Good Omens: Book vs. Show

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Anaïs Quesson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Good Omens: Book vs. Show

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

Hi! Is anyone here a fan of Good Omens?

I truly loved the show when it came out. I recently read the book earlier this year. Which one do you like better?
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the show. Both are pretty similar, but I love how they added all the Archangels and Demons into the show's story. I was almost disappointed with the book, I really was waiting for Gabriel to show up. Another major addition to the show is the scene when Crowley and Aziraphale exchange bodies to deal with each other's punishments. I really loved this bit.

This weekend I often binge-watched season two, and oh boy am I emotionally destroyed now.
That's why I was wondering about your opinions of the show and the book!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
BHUMI D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumi-d.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by BHUMI D »

Anaïs Quesson wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 11:34 Another major addition to the show is the scene when Crowley and Aziraphale exchange bodies to deal with each other's punishments. I really loved this bit.
I loved this scene as well. When I started watching the series - I did not like either of the main characters - but they grew on me later and I think they did an excellent job. Now I can't imagine it being played by anyone else. And, I love the Dog.
I haven't read the books yet - but from your note, they don't seem very promising. Will read it sometime.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
msinbox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by msinbox »

The book was good, but the show is better. Michael Sheen and David Tennant do a masterful job of bringing their roles to live.

Return to “Films and Books”