GONE GIRL - A Movie Review

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Georgephilips
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgephilips.html
Latest Review: Finding Jehovah by Azrael Levi

Re: GONE GIRL - A Movie Review

Post by Georgephilips »

reenuj wrote: 10 Aug 2016, 02:54 Gone Girl is a 2014 psychological thriller based on the novel of the same name by Gillian Flynn. This myster and suspense, drama movie directed by David Fincher has been called ''dark, intelligent and stylish to a fault'' by critics. The cast includes Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne, Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne, while Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris, David Clennon and Carrie Croon potray other major characters. On the fifth wedding anniversary of Nick and Amy Dunne, Nick comes home from the bar he and his sister, Margo own to find Amy missing. Being the inspiration for her parents' popular ''Amazing Amy'' children's books, finding Amy becomes the primary goal of the media. An investigation under Detective Rhonda Boney as well as Nick's awkward behaviour arouses the suspscion that Nick is guilty. Later, it turns out that Amy is alive, having framed Nick all along as their failed marriage has made her despise him. However, after Nick appears on a talk show and talks about her, she changes her mind and returns, claiming that Desi, her ex-boyfriend had kidnapped and abused her. Though Boney questions her, the FBI sides with Amy. She later tells Nick the entire truth, saying that she wants him to be the Nick he was on the talk show. Nick shares this with Margo, Boney and his lawyer, Bolt, but they have no way of proving Amy guilty. Amy then reveals she is pregnant, having artificially inseminated herself. The movie ends with Nick being forced to stay married to her as he feels responsible for the child. This psychological thriller is the kind of movie that haunts you for a while, making you think. It brings out another side of marriage and raises a question : ''should you ever trust anyone?''. Gone Girl really is a must- watch movie.
Seems like one intriguing and intresting movie!
Georgephilips
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgephilips.html
Latest Review: Finding Jehovah by Azrael Levi

Post by Georgephilips »

Georgephilips wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 19:51
reenuj wrote: 10 Aug 2016, 02:54 Gone Girl is a 2014 psychological thriller based on the novel of the same name by Gillian Flynn. This myster and suspense, drama movie directed by David Fincher has been called ''dark, intelligent and stylish to a fault'' by critics. The cast includes Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne, Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne, while Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris, David Clennon and Carrie Croon potray other major characters. On the fifth wedding anniversary of Nick and Amy Dunne, Nick comes home from the bar he and his sister, Margo own to find Amy missing. Being the inspiration for her parents' popular ''Amazing Amy'' children's books, finding Amy becomes the primary goal of the media. An investigation under Detective Rhonda Boney as well as Nick's awkward behaviour arouses the suspscion that Nick is guilty. Later, it turns out that Amy is alive, having framed Nick all along as their failed marriage has made her despise him. However, after Nick appears on a talk show and talks about her, she changes her mind and returns, claiming that Desi, her ex-boyfriend had kidnapped and abused her. Though Boney questions her, the FBI sides with Amy. She later tells Nick the entire truth, saying that she wants him to be the Nick he was on the talk show. Nick shares this with Margo, Boney and his lawyer, Bolt, but they have no way of proving Amy guilty. Amy then reveals she is pregnant, having artificially inseminated herself. The movie ends with Nick being forced to stay married to her as he feels responsible for the child. This psychological thriller is the kind of movie that haunts you for a while, making you think. It brings out another side of marriage and raises a question : ''should you ever trust anyone?''. Gone Girl really is a must- watch movie.
Seems like one intriguing and intresting movie!
Thanks for the recommendation
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

The movie was a pathetic adaptation of the the brilliant book
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I did not like the movie at all. My expectations were high given its genre but the plot disappointed me.
Mishkah Simons DeVos
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishkah-simons-devos.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Mishkah Simons DeVos »

I liked the movie. I enjoyed the suspense throughout and the twist. I found it to be filmed in way that kept me intrigued.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

I loved this movie! It was suspenseful and really kept my attention. I have not read the book yet. I heard that it is so much better than the movie. It is on my bucket list of stuff to read :lol:
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

As sociopathic as Amy was, I kinda liked her.

Return to “Films and Books”