What is your all-time favourite anime?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: What is your all-time favourite anime?

Post by Shane Carter »

Naruto shippuden is my all time favourite anime. The world building, storytelling, and characters all captivated me. I enjoyed watching all the episodes.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

I recently finished the Tournament of Power arc in Dragon Ball Super. What I really appreciate about the show is that it can manage to have intense moments yet not take itself seriously all the time. There is a good amount of comedy both in the show itself and in the names, like naming characters after food. It also has one of the most optimistic worldviews of any franchise, anime or otherwise. Villains often become future friends and battles aren't always about good versus evil, sometimes they just enjoy battling and improving their techniques.
Abraham Dainty
Currently Reading: Bluebeard's Curse
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-dainty.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Abraham Dainty »

all time? i'd have to go with Naruto. I mean, aside the phantom troupe of HxH no anime has a well organisized and developed villian group like the AKATSUKI. Sure there are new great animes like jujutsu kaisen, bungo stray dogs, kimetsu no yaiba etc. Naruto is a nostalgic anime for me and is definitely my all time favourite.
Tammy Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammy-grey.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tammy Grey »

When it comes to picking favorites I can't when it comes to anime. But the anime I'm currently obsessed with at the moment is Hell's Paradise.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I don't think I can pick one. But if I were to chose two, I would choose Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. And The Rising Of The Shield Hero.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Riya Ranawat
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Riya Ranawat »

I know this might be slightly overrated but I am a huge, huge One Piece fan. I absolutely love the character and story development in it. I also love Fairy Tail, Black Clover and Naruto Shippuden. I'm pretty sure I've watched more but at the top of my head, I love these. Pokemon, Death Note and Dragon Ball Z as well!
Arcenio Ogues
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcenio-ogues.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Arcenio Ogues »

My all-time favorite anime is My Neighbor Totoro. I’ve watched this numerous times with my family as our bonding moment. We absolutely love the story, the soundtrack, the scenery, and how they portray the idyllic countryside life. This brings me back to my own childhood spent in the countryside, with all the superstitious beliefs and traditional ways in our village. It’s an anime movie we love to watch as a family and a story I enjoy remembering always.
Anaïs Quesson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading: Chrome Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

Maybe it is not well-known, but I loved Heaven Official's Blessing. It is a Chinese anime adapted from a novel. It tells the story of a young immortal prince that was banned from Heaven.
The animation is incredible, the story is really cool, the soundtrack is amazing, really a great show!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Danny Anderson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-anderson.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Danny Anderson »

During my childhood, I adored watching Digimon and Pokemon. Recently, I stumbled upon an anime named "Hajime no Ippo," centered around boxing. The story revolves around a young boy who transitions from being bullied to becoming a successful boxer, all while juggling humor and showcasing the main character, Ippo's, grounded and hardworking nature. Ippo manages to balance his family business, boxing, and studies, making it a compelling watch. Netflix hasn't yet released part 2.
Danna Vergara
Favorite Book: Diary
Currently Reading: Dracula
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danna-vergara.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing by Kordel Lentine

Post by Danna Vergara »

Evangelion, 100% sure about this.
BookAddikt
Favorite Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Currently Reading: The Law of Unintended Consequences
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by BookAddikt »

Jjnessie 33 wrote: 15 Oct 2016, 19:57 I'm not a big fan of anime but I do like death note. I love tv and movies that make you think a lot.
I liked the human movie Deathnote lol this was before I even got into Anime. I havent got around to watching the actual anime
BookAddikt
Favorite Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Currently Reading: The Law of Unintended Consequences
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by BookAddikt »

OMG my favorite is Attack on Titans!! I love love the Ackermans especially Levi and Mikasa. I like Kenny too even though he was a brute to Levi... just the fighting style of that bloodline would send me chills. I couldnt wait for the final season of AoT and I actually read the manga to finish it
I also love Demon Slayer & Tokyo Ghoul (Love Kaneki!!). I like Black Clover, Tokyo Revengers & Jujitsu Kaisen
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

"Naruto" holds a special place. Its themes of perseverance, friendship, and self-discovery resonate deeply. The character development and epic storytelling create a lasting impact.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by João Ramos »

Yu Yu Hakusho. Nowadays this anime is not so mainstream, but in the 90s it was a real hit in Japan.
Ashleigh Mittag
Favorite Author: Kathleen Glasgow
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
fav_author_id: 44507
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 180%

Post by Ashleigh Mittag »

This is a tough choice but id have to choose Bleach. Its always been my favourite.

Return to “Films and Books”